I finally had the opportunity to hear the Klipsch THX Ultra System...

Lylefan

And I am glad it was in my room! I am here to tell you for HT the Klipsch THX Ultra system is very nice. I have had numerous systems in the past few years and for HT it does not get much better than this system. Amongst many other fine brands I have had a trio of Klipsch Belles, La Scalas (with Heresy and Cornwall center), RF-83's w/ RC-64, Chorus II Trio, CF-3, KLF-20's, and a trio of Cornwalls. For movies, Klipsch THX Ultra system is... well, nice. I do love the Klipsch sound and keep going back to it... especially for HT. Thank you Klipsch for the smile on my face tonight.

Cornfed...

Yes, I would say that of all of the Klipsch systems I have had, this Klipsch THX system is the best all around for HT in my room. Here are some of the reasons why I think that is true:

1. Front three the same speaker.

2. I have a small HT room and since the speakers are smaller (than many I have had) there is more separation between them which results in a better panning effect.

3. The Klipsch THX subwoofers. I Have had lots of decent to great subwoofers in the past, but none have moved the amount of air these do. When I had speakers like the LaScalas or Belles, due to size constraints I used dual Sunfire Signature EQ's, which were great little subwoofers, but from my memory did not pack the punch, low-end extension and effortless SPL's that the Klipsch THX Ultra subwoofers deliver. I am a big advocate of all the great ID sub companies out there and always had my doubts on what the performance of these Klipsch THX subs would be compared to those brands. Without getting into the price vs. performance ratio... I will say that IMO these Klipsch THX subs would compete favorably with a lot of what is out there. I was pleasantly suprised.

• Moderators

Good choice, for a room that's not real big those could fit almost anywhere.

I have not any of the THX speakers but I have heard those subs. [Y]

We were sitting at a forum members house (Colterphoto ) a few years ago watching a YES dvd, DrWho was sitting next to me about 8' straight in front of us was the THX subs stacked on top of each other. At one point in the dvd the the organ hit a certain note and a breeze hit us, [:o] it blew a paper napkin off of my leg onto the floor. I was shocked, and looked at DrWho and he was just laughing in surprise.

I have heard all the BS stories about subs moving air but that was my first time, and was a big surprise.