Icon W not discontinued? Subxeros Spontaneous Purchase!!!!

SuBXeRo

I picked up a pair of these from newegg that arrived tonight. Since i already have a completed 5.1 setup with rf-7 ii's i was planning to put these on craigslist and never even open the boxes. But after reading a handful of reviews tonight i might just have to pull these things out to see what they are made of... With some light googling i haven't found anything short of great reviews all over.

Anyway, if i decide that i don't want to keep them (or can't find room for them) I'll post them on here as well in case someone in the western IL area is looking for a pair.

If you do give them a listen, be sure and share your thoughts!

• 3 months later...

Here was a thread I posted about a year ago:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/147454/1516843.aspx#1516843

I am currently using my Reference series in my dedicated HT and my Icon WF-35s in a dedicated 2-channel set-up. Both speakers will give you quality sound in both applications, but I prefer the musicallity of the WF-35s to that of the RF-82s and for HT, the Reference line has better center/surrounds and deeper bass.

SubXero prefers the music from his RF-7s (no doubt it's a much better speaker than the WF-35s).

If you are considering smaller Icon's, my limited experience has been that they are a little thin in the bass.

Here was a thread I posted about a year ago:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/147454/1516843.aspx#1516843

I am currently using my Reference series in my dedicated HT and my Icon WF-35s in a dedicated 2-channel set-up. Both speakers will give you quality sound in both applications, but I prefer the musicallity of the WF-35s to that of the RF-82s and for HT, the Reference line has better center/surrounds and deeper bass.

SubXero prefers the music from his RF-7s (no doubt it's a much better speaker than the WF-35s).

If you are considering smaller Icon's, my limited experience has been that they are a little thin in the bass.

Close, I prefer the wf-35's for music with a crossover of around 40hz but for HT the ref 7 line blows away any icon line. I prefer the rf-5 out of everything i have listened to for music.

• Moderators

I thought I read the title wrong at first. Congratulations.

They must sound pretty good, after looking at the list of speakers you have I was a little surprised you bought the Icons. I knew nothing about them but am glad to hear they sound good enough to you to make you get them.

They must sound nice. [Y] I have never really looked at them,didn't even know how much they were, thinking it was something similar or lower than a Synergy, somewhere in the line, had no idea really.

Close, I prefer the wf-35's for music with a crossover of around 40hz but for HT the ref 7 line blows away any icon line. I prefer the rf-5 out of everything i have listened to for music.

Thanks for clarifying! I know we heard them a little different, but I don't have the exposure to the RF-5/RF-7 lines that you do.

I jumped on the new egg sale. I'm using WF-34 and WC-24 for center. A good receiver does wonders but I can see where the Center might be a little weak. I usually have it bumped 2 db for movies.

I was just listening to some music on the wf-34 yesterday and they filled up the room wonderfully and sound so much better when you crank them (at least to me). They had no issues with music. Movies are definitely an upgrade from my quintet set, I am impressed with the towers. Also they do look very pretty :)

I never tried the RF series but if they are the must have for movies I will eventually grab them. The bass on the WF-34 is almost non-existent, but my denon said it could go to 40hz but you definitely don't get a thump from them. I have my synergy sub which does very well and I have no complaints. I only seen a few movies since getting my denon/audyssey which was a night and day upgrade from my old onkyo.