BCS Championship - Who's going to win?

Don Richard

Oklahoma lost this weekend, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Stanford all moved up in the BCS standings. The next big shakeup is going to be November 5th when SEC powerhouses LSU and Alabama meet in Tuscaloosa. These two teams have been at the top, sitting at #1 and #2 all season. So the question is who is going to win this matchup and who is the winner going to play in the BCS Championship game?

Until this past weekend I would have put Wisconsin in that mix. If I were to pick today I'd say LSU vs Stanford for all the marbles. I do not beleive the Big 12 is as good as reported and Boise St. is benefitting from a weak conference schedule, one in which they are not dominant. I think LSU will win it all continuing the SEC stranglehold on BCS domiance. Alabama has a valid shot I just do not think they can match LSU speed. LSU defence is is brutally efficinet.

Beyond that all I can say is WE ARE PENN STATE!

This won't answer your question. I started watching BSU (7-0) in recent years because I grew up in Boise. Boise has the rare status of an attractive large Western town that helps it compete for great coaches and players. It's also out-of-the-way, which means the team's quality has been a surprise to teams and fans who haven't seen them in action before. Some probably find it hard to believe they should be up at No. 4 or 5.

I don't think BSU is much of a match for the strongest 2 or 3 teams, although they've sure surprised and demanded respect from some other very good teams and their fans. I think they'll still be No. 5 or so by the end of the season.

I think they're a very exciting team to watch! Basically, they're still struggling for a steady place in a strong, visible league. Ain't there yet. Their next game is against UNLV, late on Nov 5 on CBS Sports. See what you think (UNLV is one of the few that has beat them in the recent past, so they may not put on their usual exciting show).

I sure wouldn't bet much on Bama vs LSU. Too close to call, though my gut says LSU. BTW, anyone notice LSU's Nike Pro Combat uniforms? Look for the white helmets. very sharp.

disclaimer: personal preference... If the Razorbacks aren't playing, I'm a bama fan. on other teams, Boise State will stay in it, I think. I'd love to see OSU knocked off.

Though I'm an LSU fan, it will be tough to beat 'Bama on their home turf.

As for the opponent, I'll venture that either Boise State or Stanford has the easist path to the big game. Either one will be mercilessly pounded by 'Bama or LSU. Then again, OkState or KState could walk in.

It's not a given that the LSU/Bama winner will be in the big game. The winner could still stumble, and will have to go to the SEC championship game vs. the SEC East winner.

LSU has a good recent record against Bama at Bryant-Denny Stadium and this looks like an even matchup on paper. Watching both teams play this season is like watching the same guys swapping uniforms. The only thing I will predict is a tight point spread on the game. Bama follows this game with Mississippi State, Georgia Southern, and Auburn. LSU plays Western Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. Barring a world class miracle the winner of the LSU-Bama game should coast through the remainder of their regular season and crush whomever the SEC East Champion will be on the way to the BCS Championship game. Played in New Orleans this year, the BCS game will essentially be a home game for the SEC champion and I kind of feel sorry for their opponent. Meanwhile, the road to the National Championship goes through Tuscaloosa on November 5.

I think LSU will win it all.Bama is very tough.If Arkansas could put 2 halfs of football together they could give LSU fits.As they did in 2007 when LSU was no 1 and Darren Mcfadden ripped them to pieces.Though we have some good player's Dmac was our best player ever by a long shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

LSU sure didn't make me a believer...if Bama had anything that resembled a kicking game, they would have won. I think bama beat themselves.

Your right, I think that was the most defensive football I have ever seen, Bama also did a better job or running.

LSU sure didn't make me a believer...if Bama had anything that resembled a kicking game, they would have won. I think bama beat themselves.

Your right, I think that was the most defensive football I have ever seen, Bama also did a better job or running.

Actually, dtel, LSU rushed 148 vs. Bama's 96 yds.

In any case,both offenses sputtered, though overall Bama's was a bit more effective. I don't know if LSU goes all the way. They could stumble with Arkansas for sure, of the SEC championship vs. probably Georgia.

I think that was the most defensive football I have ever seen

I agree...I think!

I was getting tired so hit record & went to bed.

Got up and started watching again at 5:30 this morning.

Up/down...field goal...field goal.... (not mentioning the missed ones)

tie game....OT.... Bama punts... LSU has the ball..... recording stops, ran out of time before the game officially ends and had to go online to see final score.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If Alabama would have had anything resembling a kicking game, they might have made two of those three missed field goals. But probably not the one that was blocked. So you give them six more points. If LSU wouldn't have had a careless foot out of bounds, they would have had scored the only touchdown in the entire game. So you give them seven more points. Who wins then? [<:o)]

• Moderators

Actually, dtel, LSU rushed 148 vs. Bama's 96 yds.

I didn't realize that, it just looked like Bama had more runs that broke free of the first one or two tacklers or more. Great defense and silly mistakes on both sides, but a good game.