Onkyo A 8067 amplifier with low volume to one speaker

SteveBachman

Welcome! Have you covered the simple things yet like switching the wires to make sure it's not the speaker, changing the wires from the main speakers to another set of terminals to check that out, playing with the balance to make sure that's not full of dirt? I would try the simple things first along with changing the source really anything you can to try and get headed in the right direction prior to assuming it something inside the unit.

Pete,

I won't physically have the unit till this afternoon. I was at my friends house earlier and confirmed that it was not the speakers. I need to clarify if volume is okay when it is in A channel and okay when it is in B channel but not okay with both A and B on. Ie; with both on he gets only low volume out of one speaker. If that was the case would that indicate a potentiometer problem?

Steve

Steve,

Get some contact cleaner and clean the balance and volume pots. Pull the knobs off and spray a little in there and twist back and forth to get the cleaner down in there. My Onkyo A-9711 integrated takes to some routine cleaning very well. May not be the problem but still wise to perform routine maintenence.

Bill