New HUGE tv

Heritage_Head

my parents just got a 60'' sharp (LC-60LE830U). It was pretty impresive watching "Life" the other night. TV has some minor clouding or flashlighting going on. Thats what you get with edge lit led though. How does yours fair in that aspect?

This 732 isn’t edge lit. It’s full lit (forget the term full

array I think it’s called?) and I see no clouding that I even saw a little bit

of on my last TV. If your parent’s tv has really bad clouding I would have

sharp come look at it. I have read that they have had some problems with that

on some of the tvs. Luckily both of mine have had no problems yet (fingers

crossed).

Thanks for the heads up Jason. I paid less than that for

mine at best buy (2550). It’s strange there online sale price (2799) is more

than the store sale price (2599). I got them to take another 50 off. They sell

these online for around 2400-2500. So with no tax that’s probably the best deal

but my gut told me to buy local.

Not sure what was wrong with that link but the price I found online was $1999 at BB not $2599. It's $1999 at Sears as well. Unfortunately this won't help you as you got the Quattron model right? I looked it up on Sharp's website and the only difference between the 632 and the 732 is the 732 has Quattron™ quad pixel technology and the 632 does not. So what is Quattron™ quad pixel technology? This is Sharps answer:

Quattron™ Quad Pixel Technology

Quattron™ LED LCD TVs feature advanced technologies enabling picture quality that has been difficult or impossible to reproduce using conventional LCD displays. When combined with Sharp's 1080p X-Gen LCD panel, the displays offer dramatic reduction in energy consumption compared with conventional CCFL LCD TVs. These technologies work in tandem to optimize picture quality and contrast ratios while reducing energy use.

Quattron LED LCD TVs employ a four-color filter, adding the color Y (yellow) to the three colors of R (red), G (green) and B (blue). Quad Pixel technology produces this groundbreaking combination expanding the color gamut and faithfully rendering nearly all colors that can be discerned while introducing never-before-seen colors to LCD TVs, like sparkling golds, Caribbean blues and sunflower yellows.

Sharp's X-Gen panel provides a wider aperture, allowing more light to pass through, which requires fewer backlighting elements to create an extremely bright image. Also, because the redesigned LCD panel has fewer ribs than traditional panels, the pixels seal more completely, enabling nearly all light to be blocked and resulting in deeper blacks.

Now some of that explanation is just describing the new LED backlighting. Basically it seems that the Quattron just adds yellow to the RGB gammbit and it allows for a fuller color range and perhaps a more colorful picture.

Not sure what was wrong with that link but the price I found online was $1999 at BB not $2599. It's $1999 at Sears as well. Unfortunately this won't help you as you got the Quattron model right? I looked it up on Sharp's website and the only difference between the 632 and the 732 is the 732 has Quattron™ quad pixel technology and the 632 does not. So what is Quattron™ quad pixel technology? This is Sharps answer:

Quattron™ Quad Pixel Technology

Quattron™ LED LCD TVs feature advanced technologies enabling picture quality that has been difficult or impossible to reproduce using conventional LCD displays. When combined with Sharp's 1080p X-Gen LCD panel, the displays offer dramatic reduction in energy consumption compared with conventional CCFL LCD TVs. These technologies work in tandem to optimize picture quality and contrast ratios while reducing energy use.

Quattron LED LCD TVs employ a four-color filter, adding the color Y (yellow) to the three colors of R (red), G (green) and B (blue). Quad Pixel technology produces this groundbreaking combination expanding the color gamut and faithfully rendering nearly all colors that can be discerned while introducing never-before-seen colors to LCD TVs, like sparkling golds, Caribbean blues and sunflower yellows.

Sharp's X-Gen panel provides a wider aperture, allowing more light to pass through, which requires fewer backlighting elements to create an extremely bright image. Also, because the redesigned LCD panel has fewer ribs than traditional panels, the pixels seal more completely, enabling nearly all light to be blocked and resulting in deeper blacks.

Now some of that explanation is just describing the new LED backlighting. Basically it seems that the Quattron just adds yellow to the RGB gammbit and it allows for a fuller color range and perhaps a more colorful picture.

The first one I got was the 632 but I ordered the 732 so I returned

the 632 and got the 732. The 732 has much brighter colors. I saw the difference

as soon as I turned it on.

post-50231-13819666410716_thumb.jpg

I just noticed that you and I have the same TV stand. Did you have any issues hanging that massive TV on it? I can't remember how big of a TV the manufacture recommended for it. I currently have my 60" LG mounted on the stand with no issues, looks like you aren't having any issues with a 70"......

I just noticed that you and I have the same TV stand. Did you have any issues hanging that massive TV on it? I can't remember how big of a TV the manufacture recommended for it. I currently have my 60" LG mounted on the stand with no issues, looks like you aren't having any issues with a 70"......

It’s a nice stand and holds the 70 pretty good. It’s rated
as a 52” TV stand but it holds up to 165lbs. So the 92lb 70” isn’t too heavy. If I didn’t have a wall of speakers around it I’m
guessing it would look funny on the stand. Plus I had to put some dice under
the rack part it hangs on. So it sat up just enough to get the 64 under it.

I would like to hang the TV move the gear to a side wall and
put the center on its own stand. I’ll probably
wait tell I get the 80” in a few years to do that.