SW-115 becomes reality.

Rippyman

Just got an Epik Lengend sub, two can be had for the price of the SW-115. The Legend is a great sub and the sound quality is so clean. Very powerful with dual 12in. drive and goes down to 18 Hz. It has 30% more woofer surface area than the SW-115 for very deep bass.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got an Epik Lengend sub, two can be had for the price of the SW-115. The Legend is a great sub and the sound quality is so clean. Very powerful with dual 12in. drive and goes down to 18 Hz. It has 30% more woofer surface area than the SW-115 for very deep bass.

we all can not live our lives via the lowest common denominator. I am sure the 115 will be more than enough for my 25'x25' room... if not, I will get something else.

For the price of an SW-115 you can almost get two Epik Legends which should put the SW-115 to shame. I just do not understand the logic of Klipsch pride in this case!

we all can not live our lives via the lowest common denominator. I am sure the 115 will be more than enough for my 25'x25' room... if not, I will get something else.

I thought many of us agreed that we would not rip anyone for their choice of gear. We can guide them, encourage for or against, but not criticize what they spend their hard earned $$$ on. If the man wants a SW-115, let him get it in peace.[:#]

By the way, don't we want someone to be the guinea pig and buy this thing? Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised with it's performance.[:o]

Bill

The RVX-42 system is perfect for my bedroom. I had it as my 5.1 in my family room before the RF-63 setup and it could hold it's own for the size it is. The three RVX-42's fit nicely in the armoire as well as my RW-10d sub.

That is Awe.... wait for it.... SOME! I can't wait for the wife to get home to show off your setup and that it IS possible to have 5.1 in the master bedroom Big Smile

She won't like me too much after that.[:@]

Bill

Hey, sorry man if you took my post the wrong way. On this forum Klipsch subs are alway being compared to ID subs. I see so few or almost no Epik subs on this forum, that I thought I would just throw it out there for other forum members consideration. It is about choice, and options only. I personally like my experience with Klipsch subs. Give us a quick review of the sub after you break it in with some movies and music.

I bought one... we'll see.

We can't wait to hear your thoughts on this sub. Some pics would be awesome also.

My thoughts are this unit is... OVERWHELMING!

it seems to move a massive amount of air and during preliminary setup, I had to power it back considerably otherwise it seemed my walls and foundation were going to crack... and I mean literally.

7091650367_51665f699e_b.jpg

this is just a rough set up as I need to get a shelf built for the center and my new monitor up on the wall.

7091649373_fdafcd65ea_b.jpg

for Home Theater, I can simply not imagine EVER needing anything more... and indeed, I probably over bought. I am sure the 112 would have been fine for my application. this unit at 1/2 max gain will rattle the walls and windows so severely it actually scared me to play it at that intensity. Surely I am still setting it up and trying to get the balance correct, but for music my initial impressions are that I prefer my music thru the cornwalls only. However, if I play music thru the surround sound mix of my pioneer, I prefer fronts with center and no subwoofer.

I am sure this has to be taken with a grain of salt as the sub is not set up as yet and my speakers were still on the "large" setting.

6945582824_428417ea36_b.jpg

As far as LFE reproduction goes... if LFE is supposed to scare the shyte out of you... SUPERB Job Klipsch!

Schu, if you're that impressed with a cheaply made piece of crap you would be knocked unconsious by something worth the money from a company like SVS, HSU... etc. My guess is you've only ever owned that level of subwoofer so it's not really your fault. You have no idea what you are missing in terms of build quality. You could have done so much better for your money, but too each their own. Rock on!

Schu, if you're that impressed with a cheaply made piece of crap you would be knocked unconsious by something worth the money from a company like SVS, HSU... etc. My guess is you've only ever owned that level of subwoofer so it's not really your fault. You have no idea what you are missing in terms of build quality. You could have done so much better for your money, but too each their own. Rock on!

Dude....Really? Are we in the Jr high? The guy just spent his hard earned money on this and all you can say is some childish put down?

wow this is worthless as a reply

not every sub has to be the end all be all "best bang for your buck" sub. I have owned a SVS and it was great for sure (once they replaced the amp 2 times) but not every sub works for every person or their space/setup. No need to knock the guy when he is obviously pumped about his new sub