Need help with Panamax 5300-EX

Guest Teresa Wright

Guest Teresa Wright

Hello all, I just purchased this power conditioner that was a floor model, so the manual didn't come with it. I am a total noob, will keep researching, but hoping to get an answer here. I have a Pioneer VSX 1120-K, a RW-10D, Panasonic 3d Blu-ray, Panasonic TCP-50VT25, Direct tv HD-DVR HD 124, and a Pioneer CD Player to connect to it. Is it supposed to turn on/off all components?? Cuz the way I have it hooked up, it doesn't. Do, I just leave it on all the time, and run components via individual remotes?? Any help is appreciated.

What of these component do I plug into which outlets??

Here is the link to the panamax site product manuals, your model is listed.

http://www.panamax.com/Customer-Service/Product-Literature.php

It has both switched and unswitched outlets. So plug in the switched outlets those components that you want to fire up when you turn on the panamax.

Other components that you want to turn on and off at the component will be hooked up to the unswitched outlets.

Guest Teresa Wright

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading the manual, but it takes me awhile to understand all this elec stuff. Took me forever to hook up my components-HA. I have read alot of stuff regarding, should I plug in the subwoofer or just leave it in the wall socket? Looking for input on this also. Should my AVR be plugged into the high current outlet, which is listed as amplifier?? I will just call panamax today. I need to figure out how to hook up the coax from the DirectTV also.

Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, got everything hooked up, well, need to get a mini-plug for the trigger. The main problem was the DirectTv Hd/Dvr-coax to be exact. I have a SWM unit, and it only has one coax in, and one out. It also has its own power, so I thought, just plug it into the Panamax, but no, called Panamax and they insisted that the coax had to be plugged in as well, or will void the warranty on all connected equipment, they have an all or none warranty. So, I had to run the coax from outside into the panamax, and then hook up another coax to run from the panamax to the SWM unit-AARRGH!!! So, long story short, this is done, until I buy a new piece of elec. equip. Oh, I probably should replace my Pioneer PD-M430 one of these days. Any suggestions?? That is the only piece I didn't give to my brother from my original stereo.