rt-12d amp replacement

Ems91285

To my dismay, the amp in my rt-12d seems to have died. I have looked into a replacement from klisch that goes for roughly $410 shipped but I'm considering purchasing an external amp like the Dayton sa1000 to power it instead of the OEM replacement. The only reason I consider the Dayton is because I have read a lot of posts from klipsch owners having many troubles with klipsch amps from the mid 2000s to present. Anyone have any reason I should or shouldn't use an external amp? I just don't want to pay 400 dollars and have this amp go out again in year or two....

I would buy a Crown XLS-402 for $250. It is 900W bridged into 4ohms, which is more than the plate amp in the sub. The only thing is, it is not switched. I use a Niles AC-3 I bought used for $50 to switch my amp on and off. There is a mod to the Crown amp to use a Radio Shack part to make it a trigger.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/32636-crown-xls-amps-3.html