Sources for SACD and DVD-a's

mustang guy

There isn't a store anywhere near me that sells these. I would like to try a couple in my new Oppo BDP-93. I have been to Amazon and Acoustic Sounds, and was wondering if there were other options for buying these things.

Based on a previous thread on the subject, I have compiled a list of SACD and DVD-a's which were recomended:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Eagles (Hotel California)

Seal (Best 1991-2004)

Talking Heads

Beatles LOVE

Pink Floyds DSOTM - DVD A

Queen both of them

Steely Dans album Gaucho

I love old rock (50's-70's) and the blues. I also like some of the older stuff like Sinatra.

Any recomendations on first purchases, and on sources?

I have done the same search, and I came up disappointed also. I have found them on Amazon with a bit of searching. I can say that if you like Elton John, there are a number of his albums that are both older and newer that are available on SACD. I wish I could say that I find them to sound better than the CD layer, but I just haven't. I read some people say the SACD layer is so much better, but I haven't yet heard it.

There is also a website I found a few months ago that specifically listed SACDs and where to buy them. I think it might have also had links for each album to the place it was available. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it was, but the time I found it I do recall it was on the first page in my browser.

This one is a must SACD..... thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

5123rfVXzJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There is a thread in the Entertainment Section, "Music & Movies" , on this topic. Oops! Link Repaired!! [:$]

Also, type SACD into amazon's search bar and you will get hundreds, if not thousands of SACD's.

DVD-A's annoy me, as you have to turn on the TV to work the menu, but you can type DVD-A into the search bar also.

Also try Music Direct.

Keep us posted on what you get! [<:o)]

Dennie

I have done the same search, and I came up disappointed also. I have found them on Amazon with a bit of searching. I can say that if you like Elton John, there are a number of his albums that are both older and newer that are available on SACD. I wish I could say that I find them to sound better than the CD layer, but I just haven't. I read some people say the SACD layer is so much better, but I haven't yet heard it.

There is also a website I found a few months ago that specifically listed SACDs and where to buy them. I think it might have also had links for each album to the place it was available. Unfortunately, I don't recall what it was, but the time I found it I do recall it was on the first page in my browser.

Maybe you were thinking of SA-CD.net? CLICK HERE!

Dennie

There isn't a store anywhere near me that sells these. I would like to try a couple in my new Oppo BDP-93. I have been to Amazon and Acoustic Sounds, and was wondering if there were other options for buying these things.

Based on a previous thread on the subject, I have compiled a list of SACD and DVD-a's which were recomended:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Eagles (Hotel California)

Seal (Best 1991-2004)

Talking Heads

Beatles LOVE

Pink Floyds DSOTM - DVD A

Queen both of them

Steely Dans album Gaucho

I love old rock (50's-70's) and the blues. I also like some of the older stuff like Sinatra.

Any recomendations on first purchases, and on sources?

Wow! Great feedback, and fast!

I will grab that Dire Straits. Love em. I want my MTV is one of my all time favorite hits. The 80's is my actual genre, but I have eclictic tase in music, and have tons of 80's LP's.

Thanks all!

Just ordered:

Dire Straits - Brother in Arms

Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right

Doobie Brothers - Takin It to the Streets

Marvin Gaye Collection

Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Elton John - Captain Fantastic

All in new condition and all SACD, total including shipping $103.34. That's an average of $17 per dics. I saw some titles for $80-90. OUCH!

Thanks again all

Just ordered:

Dire Straits - Brother in Arms

Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right

Doobie Brothers - Takin It to the Streets

Marvin Gaye Collection

Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Elton John - Captain Fantastic

All in new condition and all SACD, total including shipping $103.34. That's an average of $17 per dics. I saw some titles for $80-90. OUCH!

Thanks again all

You're going to be a Happy Camper! thumbup.gif

When people ask me why I have such big speakers, I put in "Brothers In Arms" SACD and their Jaw drops to the floor! smileygiantred.gif It is one of the Best Sounding SACD's I have.

Let us know how you like them. Will this be for 2 Channel or Surround Sound?

Dennie

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I found 3 pristine REM DVD-As 2 sacds (sacred love and gaucho, both which I have on DVD-A) and Ray Charles, Genius Loves Company, all for under $50 total at our local Recycled Books and Records. The week before that, I found 3 Rolling Stones 2-channel SACDs at Hastings for around $7 a piece...They have the various sized packages mixed in with either with CDs or DVDs and it takes some looking to be able to differentiate what's what, but deals can be found.

Last week I found 3 pristine REM DVD-As 2 sacds (sacred love and gaucho, both which I have on DVD-A) and Ray Charles, Genius Loves Company, all for under $50 total at our local Recycled Books and Records. The week before that, I found 3 Rolling Stones 2-channel SACDs at Hastings for around $7 a piece...They have the various sized packages mixed in with either with CDs or DVDs and it takes some looking to be able to differentiate what's what, but deals can be found.

eek.gif

I have got to start following you around! lol.gif

You may find some of those are "Out of Print" and worth quite a bit of money! yes.gif I typically don't look at the "value" of the disc, just the music content. But when they start fetching hundreds of dollars a disc, value is a factor!

Great finds keep us posted! drinkingcheers.gif

Dennie

I am always looking on Audiogon for SACDs too, but you have to watch out and do your homework there too... Some sellers have certain discs listed for 2 to 3 times the amount you can still purchase them from Amazon (titles such as the Diana Krall and Eric Clapton SACD's, to name a couple)...

You may find some of those are "Out of Print" and worth quite a bit of money! yes.gif I typically don't look at the "value" of the disc, just the music content. But when they start fetching hundreds of dollars a disc, value is a factor!

I can dig it....I just received my DVD-A of Kamakiriad, which finishes my Steely Dan collection and I almost paid as much for it on e-bay as I did the disks mentioned above purchased in our local used market..