Wish You Were Here SACD

garymd

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/77001/Pink_Floyd-Wish_You_Were_Here-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

I believe Acoustic Sounds also owns Analogue Productions (or the other way around), the label on which it was released. When I called to order, they told me they took 18,000 orders for it in the 3 days since it was released. I have at least 4 versions of WYWH (2 on vinyl and now 2 on CD/SACD). It's one of those new releases where you hear tons of stuff you never before noticed. Lots of horns, great soundstage, etc. I'm not sure this version is exactly what the band intended you to hear when it was originally released but it sure sounds amazing to me. The 5.1 layer is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips too.

Thanks guys.

Shipped to my zip, 26104, Music Direct is $1.68 less expensive.

Acoustic Sounds $35.00 + $7.45 shipping = $42.45

Music Direct $34.99 + $5.78 shipping = $40.77

As for avaiability, Music direct says "contact us". If they have it in stock, I will be ordering there, otherwise I will go with Acoustic Sounds.

I am still waiting for the 10 DVD-A's and SACD's to show up from my orders over the weekend. I have yet to hear a DVD-A or an SACD, ever!

Thanks guys.

As for avaiability, Music direct says "contact us". If they have it in stock, I will be ordering there, otherwise I will go with Acoustic Sounds.

I am still waiting for the 10 DVD-A's and SACD's to show up from my orders over the weekend. I have yet to hear a DVD-A or an SACD, ever!

Hey Mustang,

What player do you use for SACDs? Do you do 5.1? Edit: Nevermind. I see you have an Oppo.

I look forward to your review!

BTW - You can get a 9% discount right now at Acoustic Sounds if you promise to give them some kind of thumbs up on their Facebook page. I've never been on Facebook in my life but told them I would anyway. Also, you get free shipping if you spend some ridiculous amount ($250 I think). I'm embarrassed to say I got the free shipping.[:$] But hey, it was my first LP binge in a few months.[<:o)]

Thanks guys.

Wow, you have never heard a DVD-A/SACD huh? You're in for a treat my friend!! [Y]

I've got both the original vinyl and the 180 gram remaster that just got released, and I believe the 180 gram sounds better, but I don't know if it is because of the remastering or just because it's cleaner on 180 gram vinyl. Probably because I paid 26 bucks for the new lp! I've not heard the SACD yet, but I've got a couple of remastered boxed sets of Pink Floyd on CD, and they sound excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to the 1st 3 disc's in the new WYWH Immersion set and was / am very impressed. My question is has anyone here had the chance to compare the Immersion set to the new SACD ? If so what are your thoughts, is it worth another $35.00 ?

The immersion set contains the blu-ray. No need for the SACD unless you are a completist collector.