Hey SEC guys....

Arky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right but what would the wackos have an interest in regarding this?

College football is supposedly teaching young men "proud sin" ; or some such utter nonsense. Also, has something to do with Sandusky situation. That explanation came from a message board. Didn't want to go to that groups website to verify for various reasons.

I believe a radio station in fayetteville or Fort Smith agreed to give them 5 minutes radio time if they didn't show up at the funeral.Arkansas has some pretty big boys and some of these nuts have already got beat down in Mississippi.I would invite them in the radio station and let some players pummel them.

Arky, do tell of your experience. Oh, and so sorry about the traffic! We went to campus pre-game...parked at my son's place just a few feet off-campus...just to experience tailgating and such. Alas, we caught but a slice but it was impressive nonetheless. We hung around and hobnobbed with several Ark. fans. It was a pretty day and a nice experience.

Football fans are a curious lot!

Alabama missed, count em, 4 field goals in the game with LSU and lost by 3 points in OT. Shouldn't be any question that either of these teams can beat the other. It's a toss up. With the game being in the Superdome there will be 30+ thousand fans for each school so I'm not seeing a home field advantage either.

All this pending a win over Georgia of course.

Richt is a very good coach, runs a great program (no arrests this year......I think), recruits very well, and has improved in his "in game" coaching...........which was very weak right up to just a year or two ago (after 10 years at UGA). Probably his biggest improvement I've seen is the "in game" coaching. It used to be he didn't even know when to call a time out......terrible at "in game" strategy....and couldn't manage the clock at all in a tight situation. All that has improved 110% this year. I have been impressed..............and 9 or 10 wins in a row...........OK pretty easy schedule though. But hey.......a great season really.

However, Mark Richt just can't win a national championship..........he's one of those 9/10 coachs...........just not a 10/10 like Saban, Miles, Meyer............he's just not one of THOSE guys. He can do very well, but he won't win the big one. He's just not of the caliber (after 10 years of watching the program....IMHO). That's the BIG problem at UGA. What do you do with a coach like that? He's a squeaky clean guy, well liked, religious as well...........but just can't win the big one...........what to do?

Oh, I don't know, Mark. Saban and Miles' LSU National Championships needed lots of stars to line up just so. Otherwise you could say the same about them. As far as Saban's championship with 'Bama, and the upcoming championship, whether won by 'Bama or LSU, those are no fluke. Both have involved good coaching to be sure, but the big element is better talent and depth all around than the rest of the nation.

Even with a loss to Georgia, unless it's a blowout, LSU should still be in the NC game. So it looks like the Tide vs. Tigers again. While the first game was riveting for fans of those schools, many others thought it a snoozer. I'm predicting that the encore performance will be anything but a snoozer.