Hey SEC guys....

Arky

Okay, that was another crazy game. The final score gives no idea of what went on in the game...ergo, Georgia held LSU to 12 yds in the first half and ZERO first downs. I think LSU had a grand total of TWO 3rd down conversions for the game. Sheesh.

So yeah, it'll be 'Bama & LSU in the BCS NC. Should be fun.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count Oklahoma State out of the picture, yet....

Most voters believe Bama is better than Oklahoma st.. Don't you agree? I think there will be some TDs scored in this one though.
I'm on the fence with this one. No doubt Alabama is solid, (and I'm no OSU fan) but OK. State has only dropped one this season and that came following a tragedy within their community. Either way, there will be two great teams playing...

The reason Oklahoma State was edged out by Alabama is because of the nature of their loss. Bama lost to the number one team in the nation LSU and it was close. OSU lost to unranked Iowa State. It's not just a consideration of the wins, but also the losses.

You heard it here first. Bama by two touchdowns. Big Smile

That's what you guys should have won the first game by, as you know.[:D] I'm seeing Jefferson becoming more Cam Newton like, so it will be very tough for Bama and it's in New Orleans. Either way it will be 6 in a row for the SEC.

As an aside, this year Arkansas really needs to win our bowl game. Bowl record isn't very good.

Suprisingly to me, Mathieu was chosen yesterday as a finalist, even after that suspension. Didn't Oregon's LaMichael James get chosen as a finalist last year despite a suspension? Anyway, Mathieu was probably chosen because of all the buzz, but no way will he win it...nor should he. The Heisman is supposed to be about integrity and leadership qualities as well as sports prowess.

Somebody had best give him speaking lessons beforehand...ever heard him speak? He's from out in the country near New Iberia and has a distinctive accent...1 part urban black, 1 part old-time Cajun.

I'd bet the winner of LSU-Bama is a tossup, and Vegas seems to agree. Nevertheless, I'll pick LSU by a slim margin in an entertaining game full of twists and turns. I like watching Nicky go ballistic.

...... Somebody had best give him speaking lessons beforehand...ever heard him speak? He's from out in the country near New Iberia and has a distinctive accent...1 part urban black, 1 part old-time Cajun....

Not sure about the accent, but everything I've heard has him born and raised in New Orleans. His LSU Bio page seems to agree . . .

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204879593

Mathieu doesn't need to worry about speech lessons.He will be a millionaire about 70 times over.His accent is familiar to the cajuns in Acadiana Parish some of the best people I have had the pleasure of knowing.He and RG3 from Baylor are the best I have seen this year.

The reason Oklahoma State was edged out by Alabama is because of the nature of their loss. Bama lost to the number one team in the nation LSU and it was close. OSU lost to unranked Iowa State. It's not just a consideration of the wins, but also the losses.
Are there other considerations, like how well teams' fans "travel" and fill more hotel rooms?

Question of the hour: how did VA Tech leapfrog past Boise State? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/sugar-bowl-2012-virginia-tech-should-not-apologize-for-the-bcs-embarrassment/2011/12/06/gIQAzfHSZO_story.html

Are there other considerations, like how well teams' fans "travel" and filling more hotel rooms?

Question of the hour: how did VA Tech leapfrog past Boise State? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/sugar-bowl-2012-virginia-tech-should-not-apologize-for-the-bcs-embarrassment/2011/12/06/gIQAzfHSZO_story.html

It's also interesting that OSU beat 2 top ten teams during the year and Alabama won "nada."