Hey SEC guys....

Arky

There were several teams that needed to step up to the plate this year and didn't. At one point or another 1/2 doz. teams could have made the game but fell short.

All OSU had to do was beat a 6-6 Iowa State team to go to the BCS Championship. We need a little playoff. Maybe 8 teams or so. I mean we have a whole month to wait now, so plenty of time!

This guy breaks it down everyway from Sunday here:

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/12/04/alabama-vs-oklahoma-state-sam-mckewons-top-25/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's some more. Apparently, there are high salaries and goodies for bowl CEO's and who knows what politics behind those:

The Sugar Bowl’s flawed selections this year perfectly underscore the need for change

"Meet Paul Hoolahan, chief executive officer of the Sugar Bowl, and watch him as he goes tee-hee-heeing all the way to the bank. Understand that he is simply operating on the overriding Bowl Championship Series principle that cash trumps competition."

Boise State is frequently mentioned everywhere as a symptom of the problem.

It's also interesting that OSU beat 2 top ten teams during the year and Alabama won "nada."

Take this blind test and see who you would have picked not knowing who the teams are, just looking at their records:

http://eye-on-college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33566427

Very interesting test... I did choose answer "B"

by the way... Go Horn's!

If we had that +1 then Bama and OSU could play Sat. for the right to play LSU in the Championship game in a month.

Funny how things work out, or in this case don't. Remember a couple of years ago when the conference presidents voted on that +1 idea? Now if I recall correctly the SEC wanted the +1 one. Guess who didn't want it. You got it, the BIG 12. Home to OSU. Bet they would vote different today...

Yes, the BCS is better than the old system but it could certainly be improved. Let's get a playoff system in place!

If we had that +1 then Bama and OSU could play Sat. for the right to play LSU in the Championship game in a month.

Funny how things work out, or in this case don't. Remember a couple of years ago when the conference commisioners voted on that +1 idea? Now if I recall correctly the SEC wanted the +1 one. Guess who didn't want it. You got it, the BIG 12. Home to OSU.

Yes, the BCS is better than the old system but it could certainly be improved. Let's get a playoff system in place!

I agree with much of what you have said... I also think that the "coaches" voting portion of the rankings should be taken out. Way too much politics involved here.

Other than the BCS Championship game, the Cotton Bowl Classic wound up with a great match up. Even though it is not a BCS Bowl (yet), I think it is has better match up than most of the other bowls (including the other BCS bowl games). IMHO... Kansas St. and Arkansas represent two excellent programs that are moving to the top...