Marantz and Denon to merge?

Kain

http://www.marantz.com/p_prod_release.cfm?id=72&cont=EU

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 05-11-2002 at 05:36 PM

Yes, KAiN64.

The marantz SR-9200 does have some points that are equal to the denon like the transfo, but there are definitly more.

Like this important one:

The SR9200 incorporates the most advanced Digital Signal Processing circuitry, along with a Crystal 192 kHz/24 bit D/A converter in each of the seven channels.When reproducing 2 channel stereo, these DACs are automatically switched in dual differential mode, to perform the highest quality D/A conversion.

That is typicaly from the Denon AVC-A1SE!!

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-909RDS

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

SubW: KSW-12

Denon and Marantz go very well together, it's like Volkswagen and Audi, they just fit (I know VW owns Audi) Actually, I thought they were one company.

I would love to see this happen. I love Marantz, but their gear is in the hard to obtain catagory (My area) and Denon is everywhere. Imagine a bitchin' $6000 Marantz HT receiver...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

As with any merger, you look and see what the involved parties say at the time of the merger, then sit back, watch and see what really happens. Here is the section of the press release that bears watching:

Commenting on the deal, Tatsuo Kabumoto, CEO of Marantz stated, The combination of Denon and Marantz, backed by world class companies like Ripplewood Holdings and Philips, establishes a platform on which we intend to build the world class company in the premium audio visual space. Marantz regards the establishment of D&M Holdings as yet another important strategic step forward for the company following its acquisition of trademark rights and sales subsidiaries operating in Europe and the US from Philips last May, he added.

AND

Mitsushige Sakamoto, CEO of DENON said, leveraging the synergies of the merger and integrating DENONs digital A/V technology with Marantzs video and wireless technology, D&M Holdings will secure its position as a leading competitor in the home theatre market.

You wonder from this what brands will be retained to market what products. Will the new company market audio products under the Denon name, and video products under the Marantz name? As a Marantz owner, I appreciate the sound of a Marantz product, but fully recognize that Denon has more market share and name recognition to the average electronics consumer.

Just some idle thoughts....

------------------

Mike - Livonia, MI

Klipsch RF-3 L/R

Klipsch RC-3 Center

Klipsch RB-5 rears

HSU Research VF-2 Sub

Marantz SR-19EX receiver

Marantz MM-9000 Amp

NAD T550 DVD

Adcom GCD 700 CD

This message has been edited by whell on 05-13-2002 at 01:48 PM