The 'Best' Tube ampflication that you have experienced....and why?

crd97086

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic Frank, the VRD stands for "Very Real Deal" on Craig's amps[:D] Some of the best I've ever heard from anyone[Y]

Now my next question is to the OP, I have come up on several of your numerous post out here (What is it 187 now?) and you are so combative in your replies I've been wondering if you are hating life and bringing that love here? Don't get me wrong you may be a great guy but I've not seen that part of you yet in your post!

Last time someone came on the scene here and I felt that way I initially miss judged the gentleman and after getting to know him and realizing he was terminally ill I had a much better understanding of him (God rest his soul, RIP Old Buckster)[{] Hoping.................... this is not....................the case for................your challenging responeses.....................to so many fine people here on one of the very best audio forums around[;)]

Not sure............................... if you can................................. remove yourself from your post.................. Dale.......................... to stand back..................... and read what and how you post................................ replies to others[*-)] Just curious to what drives your angst?

And to simply and respectfully answer you question the best amplification I've experienced to date is the BAT VK3i/VK-60 combo, very[8]cal

As others have noted, it's impossible to identify the "best" amp. I have liked very much many amps that I have owned or heard. For me it's not a question of best It's more of a question of different and what differences one prefers. My pacts sound different than my stereo vrd, which sounds different than my fisher 400 that sounds different than my Scott 222 that sounds different than my MC225.

It is also my experience that the preamp makes a bigger difference than does the power amp.

Just my opinion which really shouldn't mean anything because my opinion is based on hearing what I hear and not what others may hear.

Josh

I was going to leave this thread alone until I saw Mr. Kaiser Set Say took my thought right out of my mind - "And to simply and respectfully answer you question the best
amplification I've experienced to date is the BAT VK3i/VK-60 combo, veryMusiccal" [:$] [;)] I would have said that quote but it would have only confirmed my bias's All kidding aside, as Josh & so many other super experienced poster here have said .."There is no one single best amp, & in my opinion thats one of the great & fun things about this hobby.

peace

Josh,

What did Craig do for your Merlin? My Merlin is a far better match with my Moondogs that my BBX.

Bruce

Hi Bruce

Not sure I could tell you specifically. Upgraded the power supply changes out some caps. Whatever he did he made it sound better at least to me then my bbx. Could not be happier. I am sure if you sent him an email he could certainly explain it better than me! I believe he has done a number of them. with Craig I always tell him to not hold back and make it the best it can be and he has never disappointed!

Josh

You are asking about the best tube amp in my home. I've only used 2, a Jolida 302b integrated amp and an AES Super Amp MkII made by Cary Audio. The AES wins hands down in all areas, fulness, refinement, 3D, naturalness, air, detail, etc. If money is no object as you state, then go straight to the Cary branded products as they use better design and parts.