Tommy Bolin RIP

colterphoto1

December 4, 1976 guitarist Tommy Bolin dies of multiple drug intoxications after opening a show in Miami for Jeff Beck. Tommy was only 25 yet his credits include Moxy, Energy (Boulder CO band), two albums with James Gang (taking over for Joe Walsh), Billy Cobham Stratus (with Jan Hammer), two solo albums, tour and album with Deep Purple, and a few more.

RIP my brother, your music will be remembered

post-10755-13819667170994_thumb.jpg

December 4, 1976 guitarist Tommy Bolin dies of multiple drug intoxications after opening a show in Miami for Jeff Beck. Tommy was only 25 yet his credits include Moxy, Energy (Boulder CO band), two albums with James Gang (taking over for Joe Walsh), Billy Cobham Stratus (with Jan Hammer), two solo albums, tour and album with Deep Purple, and a few more.

RIP my brother, your music will be remembered

This was the stuff that was out when I first started playing bass. In the 70's, for a while, I wasn't sure how popular music was going to go, was it going to be jazz rock or punk rock? Prog rock had played it's course and it was time to do something else musically.I started playing music in 1967, joined the local union in 1972 (brass), then started playing bass in 1974. What a great and inspiring time to get started! We had a couple great local rock radio stations that got everyone excited about good audio, and despite my poverty, I was eventually able to own stereo rigs like I lusted over in the 70's but could never afford.