How do I repair a broken terminal on my JBL 2404 tweeter

RFP

I just noticed that one of the spring-loaded terminals gave up sometime in the recent past... the red plastic 'blew out' leaving red plastic chips and a spring in the speaker cabinet... one of the wires was left just dangling! Well, dang!

I pulled out the tweeter hoping that I could make a quick repair... well, apparently not. I tried to 'unscrew' the broken terminal, hoping that I would be left with a threaded stud onto which I could simply put a washer and nut and reinstall my loose lead with a terminal on the end.

Nope, the broken terminal 'unscrewed' all right, but only to the point where everything is turning.

Obviously, I will have to open the tweeter up to fix this... but how do I do that? I see that there are four allen-head screws that appear to be holding the 'baby cheeks' on, but other than those, I see no other fasteners.

I'm sure hoping somebody can help me with this...

Thanks,

Rob

Posted Image

Yes, you'll have to prise the JBL label on the back off. They are usually just glued on & if you carefully prise it off you will be able to re attach it. When this is removed you will see the bolt ......undo this.......& you'll be able to get inside to see what has to be done.....be very, very, very careful of the diaphragm!