KI-362 Mounting

jjessee

I have been asked by a client to look at the reason for their auditorium not having even audio coverage. I found that they have 3 KI-362 cabinets mounted tightly together as their speaker cluster. Obviously the ones responsible for this installation did pay attention to the specs on the speakers when they mounted them in this fashion. Not to mention they don't cover the entire seating area. I'm looking at remounting them in a new pattern and wanted to find out some mounting information on these cabinets since I have never used them before and the closest I have been to them is about 25' below them.

I mainly need to know how are they connected to each other in the classic side-by-side setup? I have not been able to find any information pertaining to the method of affixing them to each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum!!

Are you sure that 3 Ki-362's are flown together in a tight cluster? They may have flown two Ki-362's with a Ki-215 in the middle, which was, I believe, Roy's intent. The Ki-215 is the same cabinet as the 362, but uses 2 15" K-45 woofers as a bass cabinet instead of the full range of the 362. A casual observation from the ground may lead one to conclude the speakers are the same. While the cabinets are identical, the components are not. When mounted in a tight cluster, the 362's couple in such a way as to yield 180 degree coverage. I was surprised when I flew this cluster at a church camp. It really works quite well with uniform coverage.

If two (or more) 362's are flown together, with the back of the cabinets touching, the front of the cabinets should be spread 8.56" apart to provide good coverage and avoid comb filtering and cancellation.

I sent you a PM with my cell number if you want to discuss further.

post-16963-13819667247498_thumb.jpg

flipping the cluster upside down (horns on bottom) is sometimes helpful, as it might get the woofers closer to he ceiling (a horn), also if the cluster is angled toward the ground, the circular horn baffle should be rotated (22 1/2 ^ increments) such that the horns are as near parallel to the floor as possible.

KI 362_ss.pdf

Hi Guys;

I have installed 3 KP 362s in a large senior center a few years ago. We have them flown upside down and I believe at 8.5" apart with the rear of the cabs just touching. They can slam this venue and also great for vocal repro.

We also use I believe KI 172s for delay at the rear of the venue. These are delayed to the stage about 3' in. This system does all kinds of shows yearly.

Wealso pull it down once a year to clean and test cabs and fly rigging. The system also covers the balcony to stage left and right.

I will try to download some photos fo the install that may help you.

Good Luck Joey B