Promedia 2.1 Right Speakers louder and don't turn off completely.

Epic Audio

So when I turn the volume up, both speakers are about equal in volume. If I turn the speakers all the way down via the control pod, my right speakers would still produce quite a bit of sound so there is no way of actually turning off the speakers.

I was wondering if there was a fix to this? I assume it is the Control Pod, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the same problem going on for the past couple months. When you turn the volume all the way down on the speakers the right one remains on and you can't completely turn them off unless you use the PC volume control. So I was doing some research online tonight to see if there was a way to fix it and found your post here. It seems to be a common problem with no real solution. I adjusted all the cables and all the internal settings in the PC and nothing fixed it. About to give up, I turned the volume control on the speaker all the way down to where only the right speaker had sound coming out of it and I started messing around with the control base mounted underneath the speaker with the volume and subwoofer knobs. I started pressing on the front of the control panel to see if it would slide off the speaker and BINGO!! When I was pressing on the front of it the right speaker went dead silent. I thought I broke it until when I turned the volume back up and both speakers are now working correctly again and in sync. No more problems!!! (for now)

Just thought I would share my hi-tech solution to the problem. I must have knocked something back into place or tightened the connection.

Good luck!

Glad to see it worked for you. I fixed mine by just pressing on the front of the control pod when i was trying to see if it slid off. It never came off the speaker. The speaker just started working correctly. Guess the connection in the controls just resynced when pushing on it.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this fix, it worked for me!

Just to reiterate what was said:

One of the speakers has a control pod attached at the bottom with "subwoofer" and "main volume" controls on it. 

This control unit seems to move around so just push it in, backwards, towards the rear of the speaker. 

Once mine slid backwards a little, full control of both speakers returned and was synchronized.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me understand how sliding the control pod backwards fixes the problem? It doesn't for me, but I'm still curious. You're just sliding the little nub on the control pod into the groove of the speaker. There's no metal coming in contact anywhere and it doesn't even need to be on/under to the speaker to work.

Edited by k- audio

• 9 months later...

Same story, I have the same problem. Now the only difference with my problem is that applying pressure downward onto the Main Volume knob fixes the volume for both speakers. The knob also has a lot of wiggle room which shouldn't be there. I'm going to open up the control module some time today and investigate the problem. Hopefully something doesn't need re-soldering. Reading through this thread, it seems like a new control module unit would solve my problem.

I had these speakers for 5 years, and its just this year I'm experiencing this problem. Best speakers I ever bought 😎

Edited by Goal Line
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Been awhile but I want to report that WD40 on the volume nozzle fixed the problem. The wiggle doesnt even affect the sound anymore too which is great. The volume turns up and down audio like normal again. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Intructions:

Power and disconnect speakers. Remove and open up the control console. Spray WD40 on the nozzle where the metal meets the plastic knob. Rotate volume knob fully up and down several times. Connect and power up speaker and witness audio magic. Power down and reassemble the control console back onto the speaker.

Cheers!

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, Goal Line said:

Same story, I have the same problem. Now the only difference with my problem is that applying pressure downward onto the Main Volume knob fixes the volume for both speakers. The knob also has a lot of wiggle room which shouldn't be there. I'm going to open up the control module some time today and investigate the problem. Hopefully something doesn't need re-soldering. Reading through this thread, it seems like a new control module unit would solve my problem.

I had these speakers for 5 years, and its just this year I'm experiencing this problem. Best speakers I ever bought 😎

Welcome to the forum...B)