Finally got a pair of cornwalls!

davestef

oh that was a pic of the glass top. im not exactly sure how they did it. The guy i bought them from said the original owner had them put in. its just a layer of felt and glass on top.

Theres no klipsch sticker on the back with the serial number and stuff. but im guessing this is the serial number? One has 29W021 imprinted on the top of the back. The other has 29W022.

And the guy said he had them for like 25 years, so im guessing theyre the first generation of cornwalls.

is there anything else i should do to find out more about my speakers?

the back is screwed in all around. is that how they normally are?

i wanted to take a peak inside :] anything i should look for in particular while im there?

post-34038-1381966759213_thumb.jpg

Looks like a piece of 1/4" trim around the top to give it that inlay look, nice. Find some of your moms music and play it for her once she hears the detail she will be having you turn it up and glad you purchased your speakers.

Have fun and take care of them babys.

• Moderators

They sound amazing. With my previous pair of speakers/subwoofer. i could hear some detail and feel the sub. but now everything so clear. and i can feel the power as a wall of sound, compared to feeling just the sub.

Cornwall's are a great all around speaker, be sure to set the sub low enough to not cover any frequency the Cornwall covers.

That's how they should look + you got some nice glass tops. [Y]

BTW Dave, how's "Mom" handling the new speakers?

As was suggested, play some of her favorite music and she'll come around! fingerscrossed.gif

Dennie

Then she'll want them moved to the den, and he'll never get to leave home with them... [:|]
Bruce

Congrats on the Cornwalls! I've had mine since the mid 80's, and they still rock! And yes your Mom will have issues with them, specially if you run them on a 100W RMS amp like I did. These days the Wife gets crazy when I crank um up... The more things change, the more they stay the same...

haha mom's been pretty ok with them. i think shes just happy i got a good job.

I'll open them up when i get a chance n ill put up some pics.

Heres the room theyre in. not the biggest of rooms. I do find myself turning them down a little. Im used to sitting on the floor (ear level for my old speakers), but now thats just a little too close. if i sit on the couch its not as bad, but theres a little less bass and i feel a little less surrounded by sound. still sounds great either way. The livingroom is also the band practice room, since our basement is a mess, now its gonna be even more packed with amps and speakers :P

post-34038-13819683787332_thumb.jpg