Klipsch adoption in progress

rpampt

Newbie here! Hello all. Glad to be joining the fold. I've been a member over on Audiokarma for awhile, although haven't had any Klipsch in the stable. But things they are a changin'. I purchased a pair of 1978 Cornwalls a couple weeks ago. Good news... they are mine. Bad news... they are in Minnesota and I'm in Indiana. Yep, had a sweet deal all worked out. My cousin would hold them until T'giving and send them to Chicago with visiting relatives and I would meet them there. Didn't work out. So he was going to bring them to Chicago at Xmas and I would meet him there. Now they aren't coming for the Xmas. So here I sit, drowning in anticipation. I've thought about shipping, or driving to MN, now that I've bought them, but both of those certainly increase the price for the speakers. So they are sleeping in a rental unit until relatives from Chicago visit MN or vice versa. Then I'll slip up to Chicago and get them.

I have considered packing them and taking to the Greyhound bus shipping service. Much cheaper than FedEx and UPS. Then after searching around some, I saw some threads mentioning the CORNWALL VAULT.

So, is the Cornwall Vault still in existence?

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if there are any vaults around, but you can allways crate em up. Living in Indiana, you should have access to some nice heritage Klipsches right where you are. There are people in Indy that deal in them. Would you consider selling the ones you have, and buying where you are? Seems like it may save some money.

I haven't seen much around here for a comparable price. They already have the Crites tweets and x-overs. I considered trying to sell them and then waiting for something else to come along, but nothing has so far. This was going to work out just fine originally. But how things can change. I'm just getting impatient.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if there are any vaults around...

Wow, be careful. Don't let Amy see this post. You can have your forum account frozen if you do not know about the Cornwall Vault. [:|]

I could have sworn that a few questions were added to the FMAT ("Forum Member Admittence Test") regarding the Cornwall Vault. The section was right between the ALK vs ALK Junior section (Crossovers) and Mobile Homeless and Parrot (Ancient History).

I have spoken with him regarding the vault.

I suppose for future reference and a timely update, I do still have the vault, the vault is available, the vault is under my deck. If it snows a lot, the vault will have to wait until it melts because the vault is behind 2 grills, patio furniture, a turtle sandbox and other stuff. If somebody else has more room for the vault, I will gladly ship it to them at my own expense. All hail the vault...and all hail tigerwoodKhorns...I may be getting a bit tired of storing the vault, but I will never get tired of looking at those beautiful cornwalls less than 10 ft from me now, and that makes it all worth it!

ACE

I checked with forward air and it would be about $130 to ship from IL to MN. Then another $160 to ship to Indiana. $300 is more than I want to spend to get them shipped here. I may have my cousin crate them and drop them off at Forward Air and I'm thinking I can get them for less than $150. He's a carpenter so I'm hoping he has some free material laying around to make a couple crates. Boy that vault would sure take care of some worries though.

Hey Ace,

If you are truly willing to ship at your expense, I would have you send it to MN, and I'll pay shipping to Indiana. I'll then assume ownership of the crate until someone else wants it. That would sure make things easier for me and my relatives in MN. I could finally be the full fledged Klipsch member that I've aspired to!!!

PM on it's way.

The ones in MN are already bought and paid for. They already have the Crites Xovers and tweets. I really hate to turn around and try and sell them. I've watched locally and haven't come across any for a comparable price when you factor in the upgrades. So who knows how long I would be waiting to find another pair. One way or another, I should get them here. Of course adding in the shipping and stuff, their price goes up considerably. I'm just having a hard time being patient. I have this little tube amp here just begging for some hi efficiency speakers. Sooner or later though, I will be in the Klipsch fold! Merry Christmas to all!!! Time for this Santa to head for bed.

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be joining the Klipsch family. With some luck and help from Ace, may still get this done using the "Vault" before they rot away [;)] A few things will have to fall into place, but I'm hoping for the best.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Be safe and good listening to you all!

PM sent regarding vault and my schedule. Trying to help out as much as I can...if you were paying for the shipping, the vault would already be there, but since I am offering to ship it at my expense and the nearest Forward Air is about a 6 hour round trip, it kinda has to fit into my schedule. We should be able to work this out though. ACE

No complaints here!!! I am as excited as all get out, as my grandpappy used to say. Fitting into your shedule is great, PM has been sent. I've found, over the last few years, that generosity and kindness seem to hover around the vintage stereo gear. Nice bunch of folks here, that's for sure. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.

As I've said before. You truly are Da Man! You've gone above and beyond what should be expected. Thanks to you I will be part of the Klipsch family. Without your help, and your generosity, I don't know if I would have been able to get them to Indiana in anything resembling a timely manner. I will report in once I have them here safely in place.

Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!