thinking of getting different speakers

leftwinger57

The ones that have the most appeal to me seam to be KLF30s. I know they are a larger type speaker but compared to my InfinitySM112s I think they would just blow them away.

My power source is an Adcom gfa 555 200wattpc and running through an OnkyoP301 pre. So any thoughts on this pairing of speakers or would the 20s do just as well .My living room is 18x14 w/ hardwoodfloors and when I do crank up either the 2chl system or the H/T the walls do not shake and the neighbors have never ever complained.Now coming up w/ the cash is entirely a different story and I have not seen any of the speakers any where near Jersey.

In closing I'm not into tubes and the Adcom will be staying so will it be a good match for either the speakers we spoke about or any of the Heritage line like the Forte'1s.Thanks ,I'm a neopyte when it comes to large quality speakers as I have Klipsch smalls for my H/T.

I also have an Adcom 555 and have used it with Khorns, Cornwalls, Heresy's and my JBL Summits. (similar configuration to the Cornwall.) I think the 555 can drive anything Klipsch with real ease and have plenty of reserve for good transients and tight bass response. I think if I had to pick one of the Klipsch system I've owned, it would be the Cornwalls. They are very easy to set up and give good response in a variety of room situations, have good bass (unlike the Heresy's).

I've got KLF-20's and also a pair of Infinity Sm125.

In a way, the Infinity SM's are similar in design to Klipsch. They are efficient, dynamic, big, and loud. The KLF's are more of all of those. And they also have a detail and clean realistic sound that the Infinity's do not have.

If you have the ear for them, I think you'll really like the KLF's and see them as a big step up from your SM122's.

I have a Sony ES receiver @ 120 watts per channel and it sounds fine and drives them nicely.

if you find a pair of klf 30 do yourself and your ears a big favor anf replace the stock poly diaphragms with either phenolic units or better yet Titanium diaphragms as they only cost $30.00 each you cannot go wrong. Poly diaphragms are a waste of your time. Best regards Moray James.

PS make sure that the baffles (front and back) are secure.

I had Infinity SM-102 before I got my Heresy IIIs. I never knew what I was missing until I connected the HIIIs. Sure the Infinity Studio Monitor series is efficient and loud, but that is the only similarity. The HIIIs have detail. I can hear so much more for example on the Jim Hall Concerto CD I can now hear the hand as it is moves on the neck of the guitar which I never heard before.

I think what you will hear if your get klipsch is a great improvement in the upper and mid range. I lived with the SM 102s for a long time, but I never felt that they were quite right. My HIIIs are much better.