Klipsch S4 shock in ear?

KingJames

Hey everyone,

I am experiencing a literal shock in my ears when using my S4s. I have seen a couple of posts about this issue. Has anyone found a solution? I have two sets of S4s and it is strange, because one set will shock, and the other does not. I have tested them both on the same sources, and one pair will shock and the other will not.

I have tried using the electric static wipes to no avail. Will Klipsch replace these under warranty? Has anyone had any luck finding a fix?

• 1 month later...

I have same problem, and from reading other posts here it seems Klipsch will do nothing about the problem. I am really surprised to be honest, would have thought they would be all over it like a rash, replacements at the very least.

So I am going to take this up with Trading Standards here in the UK, seems there is more chance of getting a resolution that way.

Best

Alan

I emailed Klipsch and told them the problem I was having. I have had my S4s for several years and were definitely out of warranty. I bought them on Amazaon back in '09. I simply emailed Klipsch the Amazon receipt, along with an explanation of what I was experiencing. They replaced them within a week. They mailed them straight to me, no shipping charges or anything. Brand new pair.

I own a lot of Klipsch products, and this is why. I have never had a negative experience with Klipsch customer service, or their willingness to stand behind their products. I was not surprised that they so willingly replaced my ear buds even though they were clearly out of the warranty period.

Best of luck in getting help your issues.

• Moderators

Actually, this is not a issue limited to Klipsch - it can happen with any brand. Do a quick search on "in-ear headphone shock" to find a lot of information and suggestions. Here is one article about an Apple warning I found with a quick search.