This is gonna be AWESOME!!

Dandoyen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I set my Dad up with some nice Moth Audio speakers and a tube integrated. Not quite up to the level of a set of Klipschorns but he's 3500 miles away so they had to be ship-able. Anyway, if I knew he would wake me up every morning blasting the things, I would have let him keep his Bose table radio, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Cornman, mustang guy, and all the rest of you wonderful guys, I am Dandoyen's old man and I got the k-horns for Christmas! Also, one of the world's two best sons! The speakers are simply mind-blowing, make no mistake about it. But the real gift is the thing these speakers mean, i.e. way this kid has turned out. I don't know what's gonna be nicer, sitting in this room listening to these gorgeous things or thinking about what they symbolize. THAT may just get in the way of the music, but who the hell cares?

I have read all the posts on this thread and all I can say is that I'm in almost as much awe of this group and the way you use this forum to support/help/encourage each other in the pursuit of one of the world's greatest hobbies/avocations (oh, hell - let's call it what it is, a damn freakin' OBSESSION).

I am proud to be one of you now - don't expect I'll post a lot, but rest assured I will be lurkin' & learnin'. God bless you all, and enjoy the remainder of your holidays.

Steve, a huge Klipsch Klan "Welcome!"

Your son is very special indeed, and I rather doubt he got that way by chance. As opposed to cars, football, computer games, and whatever, I defy anyone to say it's bad to listen to too much music...

Keep us informed of your experiences and share it all. You are very correct in this being a special bunch of people who share the world's finest pasttime.

Dave

Yep, welcome!

It's stories like these that can bring a tear to an eye. Not so much for the merchandise per se' but rather as already pointed out, the hidding meanings behind such gestures.

Sounds like your son came from a class family and represents them well.

[Y]

• Moderators

Welcome, hope you enjoy your present for a long time. Apparently you have done a great job raising kids. [Y]

Not because of what the present is, but why it was done, with thought of what you would really enjoy which makes it a whole lot more.

Merry Christmas

Welcome Steve, we're glad you're here! Congratulations on the Khorns and the "kid" that was raised right! You are truly blessed and have some of the Sweetest sounding speakers ever made and yours may sound the Sweetest of all!

You are now part of the Klipsch Family, so don't hesitate to ask questions, share experiences or just brag like we do! [;)]

We are Almost as Proud of Dan, as you are! Congratulations! [<:o)]

Dennie

I am Dandoyen's old man and I got the k-horns for Christmas!

What a great thread! As a father and a proud American, I felt the emotions as I read thru all the posts. Congratulations on such a special gift (and your speakers as well) I would imagine by now you have burned that shirt as a "former member" of the piss and moan club! [:D]

God Bless!

• 4 weeks later...

Never thought I'd get choked up over a klipsch forum post!!

Klipsch is a "family" and that $hit can just sneak up on you and before you know it....a tear is rolling down your cheek! yellow.gif

(They make me sit at the "dysfunctional" table! shrug.gif)

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

I'm late to the party in reading this post but that certainly is an AWESOME story!! Congratulations on a great gesture that turned out as awesome as expected!

Fortunately for me, I have two boys myself. It's going to be along time before they are making any money and I already have Klipschorns, but I don't have Jubilees! I'm going to have to show them this post when they get older... [:D]

By the way, I used to live in Lancaster.