LG BD670 Blu-ray Disc Player?

D-Rex

My honest opinion is that it's a gamble.

I bought one, had pretty good luck with it. Sometimes slow on loading the BR disc, but everything works.

I bought another one for my mother, and she had problems with it not staying on the wifi network, it kept dropping off and making her setup again. I checked online and seems like alot of people had the same problem. She also had a problem with the sound out of her TV flaking out with this player, rendering movies (both netflix and DVD, she has no bluray) unwatchable.

Since mine worked, I took mine to her house, set it up and it's been working fine.

I was going to send her's back, but I hooked it up at my place, and it stays on my network fine, no issues. No issues with the sound either, that must have been some incapatibility between her TV and the 670.

I find the online services clunky, and I only use the netflix service, the others aren't useful at all for me. I find the online services navigation on my xbox far better than the LG. But again, it does work.

I do like the remote - it has big buttons.

I'm very happy with my LG BD. It's very close to my MLP and the silence of operation combined with the functionallity really turned me on to it. One thing that got me for the first week was that the LG was set to process the surround as a default. This signal was then being sent to my Onkyo and being reprocessed which really jacked-up the sound. Just something to check out.

One thing that got me for the first week was that the LG was set to process the surround as a default. This signal was then being sent to my Onkyo and being reprocessed which really jacked-up the sound. Just something to check out.

I had the same issue and had to change the BD settings.

I just bought this same one from in the store at BB as a Christmas gift. Was 20.00 cheaper on their website the next day so they credited the difference on my credit card. I can't comment on the player as it's a gift for my son but I do have a LG BD590 that has worked flawlessly.

The BD590 has a 250GB hard drive built in that I burned all my CD's to. The wireless connection works as good as being hard wired via ethernet cable. I've ran it both ways and no noticeable difference in streaming quality.

Good luck with your purchase...........