Should I flip my Synergy F2/C2/S2 for an RF3/RC3/RS3 setup ?

JCole

Ad states: "Complete set of Klipsch speakers. Like new, black, c/w manuals. 1 pair RF3 towers, 1 RC3 center; 1 pair RS3 rear, 1 KSW12 sub woofer."

I currently have a 2 year old Synergy setup. Assuming the speakers for sale are in good working condition, would they be a better speaker ? I figure I can sell my Synergy setup and break even. I would keep my sub 12 and sell the ksw12.

I did some more reading, apparently the RF3's have the same components as later model synergy F2/F3. If that is the case, I'm really only upgrading about 1.5" diameter worth of woofer. Can't see that making a huge difference as I cut off frequency at 80hz to send to the sub.

I'm kind of hoping to be talked into this deal, but if all I'm doing is trading 1 year old speakers for 10 year old speakers, that doesn't make sense.

It would be nice to say I have reference stuff instead of synergy stuff though.

I would trade for Reference over Synergy any day of the week and twice on Sundays! :) Now, I am not as expert on these matters but I started out with a synergy center channel from Best Buy and then found the Reference series on EBAY. I bought the RC3 and found it to be immensely better than the Synergy center channel. I returned my Synergy center channel and went Reference (have RF3II fronts, RC7 center, RB5II surrounds, and RSW 12 sub) and have never looked back! So, whether they are 10 years old or two months old, when they are good speakers, they are good speakers!

I would trade for Reference over Synergy any day of the week and twice on Sundays! :) Now, I am not as expert on these matters but I started out with a synergy center channel from Best Buy and then found the Reference series on EBAY. I bought the RC3 and found it to be immensely better than the Synergy center channel. I returned my Synergy center channel and went Reference (have RF3II fronts, RC7 center, RB5II surrounds, and RSW 12 sub) and have never looked back! So, whether they are 10 years old or two months old, when they are good speakers, they are good speakers!

an rc7 is slightly different than a synergy center though ;)

at an even swap id do it, BUT if your really looking for a worthwhile upgrade try to find rf82s or better, or look back to some others, i was more impressed with the kg 5.5s that i was toying around with compared to rf3ii's

rf82s rf63s rf83s rf7s kg 5.5s klf20/30 just find the matching center and surrounds somewhere, this forums garage sale section along with craigslist will get you wherever you want to go, keep in mind these above mentioned speakers will be that much better with some good power backing them as well

heritage may be another direction to consider as well pending on your preferences

LOL, yes, there is a slight difference between the two... :) But, I did have the RC3 first, then I bought the RC7 and planned to use the RC3 as the back center channel but never went with that set-up so I sold the RC3. But good catch... I didn't just transition to the RC7 directly from teh Synergy. :)

id like to see where u got that info about the components being used in the synergy as well. All i can say is dont overpay, buy, a/b test and sell one test or the other.

I did a google search for "synergy vs reference" and it came up with a bunch of links to this forum. In more than one thread it was mentioned.