Do me a big favor?

Justin,

You're facing a situation that many of us, myself included, have confronted, but one which no one at your age should ever have to deal with. These challenges lend unique perspective, and tend to dispel notions of immortality which we all carry until some point in life. You've been asked to deal with it a whole lot earlier than most, but given the intelligence and wisdom that you possess beyond your years, you can approach the situation with confidence and determination.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Be well, my friend.

Colin

------------------

My System

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing Justin, try to keep us all up to date as best as you can. I think you can tell by the overwhelming support that we want to know the outcome.

Just as a FYI, one that I hope is inspiring, my wife worked with a young gentlemen (mid 20's) who had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. By gods good grace, he managed to recover.

Once again, i wish you the best of luck. Keep those wallpapers coming will ya! cwm1.gif

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

hey, Justin i'am sorry to hear of your current prognosist,and am aware of the impact it will have on your family.My daughter was diagnoised with tumour's also .in our case the doctors are apprensive in doing a bi-op,in case it is benign and spreads. she is o'k now but we are always vigillant. keep your hope's up.and our prayers will be with you and your family.GOD IS ABLE.

I am so sorry, I wish you the best of luck. Don't crank up the music too loud! I hope that nothing serious will be discovered.

If anything, be glad you live in the United States in this time and are are fairly well off.

Good luck and best wishes!

We will be thinking about you!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I'm sorry to hear that, as I know what this means, as my girlfriend has to go for surgery to have cysts on her ovaries removed and that's scary enough. What's even worse is that my sister-in-law was just recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis which is a progressive disease with no cure. My prayers are with you. Best of luck.

Justin,

Don't worry, be happy. Attitude is everything. You'll be in my prayers. BTW, I know you like smilies, so check this link out, it will put a smile on your face.

http://www.justsaywow.com/smile.htm

Mark

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10 (LOL, soon to be replaced)

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

Justin is still under going tests, but is OK right now.

Hi. I am a close friend of Justin, in real life. He asked me to come here and check on things, make sure everything was in line, and asked for a LoL there. (oh, and a smiley) Smile.gif (inside joke i guess), always a very happy person. Probably the most generous person I have ever known. If you ever needed anything, school help, personal problems, needed money, a shoulder to cry on, etc, Justin has always been the first to show up. Never asking for anything in return, or even wanting any of the money lent, returned, not matter how much, or how hard you tried to return it.

Justin devoted so much of his time to this forum that we (his friends) were beginning to become jealous (hence my purchase of a set of Promedia .1 speakers). But he never let any of us down, managing over 6000 posts in nearly two years, and keeping a social life and an academic stature that many would be proud of.

He seems to be a born helper, and here he gets to shine the most.

I printed out this post for him to read, it really touches him to know how much you care about him, besides what speakers he puts in his parents home theater. Justin wanted me to thank you guys for all you have done for him, in this thread and the many others. You don't know how much it means to him.

Right now he is still in the hospital, hopefully will be leaving Tuesday. Right now I know little about his situation. He has gone through lots of tests and has really been worn out. One of the tests requires him to stay awake for hours, then take an Electro encephlagram test under a strobe light. This is to try to produce a seizure so that the doctors can localize it and determine other various things about it. Other tests were CAT scans which showed the tumor in question had grown slightly, MRI's and some others. They, at this point, still are not sure the danger of the tumor, but the general concensus is that if it does not continue to grow, or become agrivated through head trama etc, that all should be well. The surgery that would be required to remove the tumor severly chances his ability to walk, so they are avoiding this for now, and as it appears to be, they will not need to do it in the future, if all goes as planned, as expected.

Right now they are trying to manage everything with medications, Depakote, Klonopin, and other anti-seizure medicines are being tried out, previously he had been on Klonopin, but it caused extreme vertigo and memory lapses, so Depakote was chosen as an alternative, amoung others in between.

He wanted me to let you know that he would have liked to write you personally, but because of his mental state, in and out of conciousness (don't worry, this is because of the lack of sleep and the medicines), and other various reasons, he is unable to check emails or get to this bulletin board.

He had been talking about builing a sono (?) sub. To cheer him up we were going to go and get all the parts needed for this for a surprise on his return. He is the audio guru of our clique and his family, so we are little help for this venture, but we (his family and friends) figured that this would be he best place of all to ask. Try to make it simple for us if possible.

That is all for now. Don't worry about him lacking audio pureness in the hospital. Right now he is enjoying some Mozart and Sarah Brightman on his newly aquired Sennhieser 570's (please excuse my spelling).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will try to let you know all I know.

Thanks so much.

Jason

Jason, thanks for the update.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Quite a community, this Klipsch board. This outpouring of support and concern for Justin clearly illustrates it is more than just a bunch of audio talk.

In the hope that late is better than never, let me also add my prayers, Justin, for a speedy, successful resolution to the challenges you face. You can do all things through Him who strengthens you.

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 05-18-2002 at 01:17 AM

Thanks for the update Jason. For the SonoSub do you need the parts list/plans or funds? I'll help out in anyway.

Mark

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10 (LOL, soon to be replaced)

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

Those medical tests seem very demanding for a human of any age.

Passing on the audio interest to persons of Justin's age whether it is in the neiborhood or on the web is very gratifying for me.

Justin appears to be a very mature soul; God seems to test the strong and intelligent with very difficult challenges.

Find joy in the smiles and the tears every day; keep positive!

Rick

Good luck, Justin, and may the force be with you and your friends and family.

I can relate to those people, having a brother who needed two operations to rid him of his growing brain tumor, which was the size of a small pineapple towards the end of his illness. He's fine now, not too many side effects, but his life was in great danger. However, like you will, he got through it, thanks in part to the support of the people around him, and judging by this thread and Jason's post, you don't lack any of that!

I lack the knowledge to tell you what to buy for the sub, Jason, but I'm sure you will get an answer or a link before long.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection