What's behind those IDs??

chickey

I would have to say that mine is rather obvious. Smile.gif I am registered on 5 other HT/Audio boards all with the same name. Mostly because the first one I joined, required it to be your real name in one fashion or another, and I preferred to keep it simple. However, my id on every other board (car boards, ebay, audiogon, etc) is luvmy92. That name comes from my modified '92 Corvette and is also the car's vanity tag...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HornED,

If you don't mind, I would like to call you sometime...can you e-mail me your number?...just asking! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

I have been out of town for the past several days, so I am a bit behind on my forum reading. Thanks much to HornEd and HDRBbuilder for giving the history of the Jayhawk moniker.

As Boa correctly said, I am an alum of the U of Kansas in Lawrence, graduated in '92, and our mascot is the Jayhawk. Yes, our colors are Crimson and Blue, and the Jayhawk is decked out in those colors, with a bright yellow beak; hence "Beak 'em Hawks!"

Waaay back when I started on the internet (yikes, it was with AOL) I set up my screen name. They wouldn't allow numbers ahead of letters and had to be less than 8 characters, so instead of 92jayhawk, it became jhawk92. I did have a vanity plate with 92jhawk for a while, but military moves kept me from renewing that plate. Maybe once I settle back down, I'll revive the plate.

My first name is Ed and edster has been a nick for quite a while (among others I won't share here!).

When I tried to register with edster I got an error message saying edster was already taken. I added the "00" since it was y2k and I am a big "00".

Actually every site I have ever tried to register a username as edster has returned an "edster is already in use, please choose another" and I have NEVER seen an edster anywhere...wassupwidat??

This message has been edited by edster00 on 05-18-2002 at 05:04 PM

I was listening to some tunes late one night and that one Steve Miller tune that starts with the lyrics "I told you 'bout livin' in the US of A" caught my attention for some reason even though I'd heard it 100's of times. All of a sudden I realized, hmmmm, I'm a Space Cowboy!cwm19.gif

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10 (LOL, soon to be replaced)

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

Horn-Ed...busted...LOL...It really wasnt so hard though? was it? just wanted a little honest feedback.

Just humming along, instead of caroling...

Happy birthday, along with any other mis-spelled greetings I attempted send...check with ears....

I'll enter the discussion too.

Jobman - I am, and have been a recruiter for the restaurant business for many years. I have owned my own agency, and I now work finding managers for a large West Coast pizza chain. (Hence the pizza avatar!)

I am the jobman.

Mike

------------------

1977 K-Horns

Wright Sound 2A3 Monoblocks

AMC CVT 1030 PreAmp

Jolida 602A CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster Interconnects.

First name and middle initial - Dean Gregory

No last name, because somewhere, somehow - I got the silly idea that people were supposed to try and stay anomynous on messages boards.

My moniker started out as the 'paper airplane', and after a few hundred posts I promoted myself to the 'UFO', which is more appropriate anyways -- because of my facination with them, and all things paranormal.

Hey Wes, what do you think of Sasquatch, Wendigos, Ball of Lights, ectoplasm, and inner space.

Guess we'll have to talk about that on some other boardSmile.gif

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

This message has been edited by deang on 05-18-2002 at 05:09 PM

I was the high school band roadie and AV geek.

I was on the school newspaper staff 1976-1978. Someone came up with the idea to write a continuing column for audio neophytes.

The task was assigned to me and one of the editors decided it should be headlined as ...

Audio Flynn on Receivers

Audio Flynn on Speakers

and so forth.

One of the bands I worked for had a tee shirt made up that had their logo on the front and Audio Flynn on the back across the shoulders.

And the rest is history...

Boomer, goes back to my Fire Academy days, when as a rookie Private Firefighter(CDN Military)I had to explain in a report what would happen in a certain scenario with HE(High Explosive). My last sentence was "and the end result would be a huge BOOM and it would take out 1/2 a city block". It's stuck for many years.

99, easy one, being from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and if you follow hockey and the Edmonton Oilers from 1980 and beyond(Edmonton Oil Kings previously)Gretzky. I was fortunate to see him, Messier, Kurri, Coffee, Fuhr, Anderson, Linesman, etc for that span, best hockey I have ever seen(should have seen the Stanley Cup parties downtown Smile.gif ) Now it's about $$$$$$$ unfortunately, and not the love of the game.

The 11, is a free Public Service announcement for 911,

hence 9911.

My nickname is Jim Cornell, Cornell is for Cornell university, i took a scolar there!

My real name is Bond James Bond, and if you take this seriuos then you own Bose!

Jim Cornell is my real name, i was ganna change it earlier this year but couldnt figure out how!

Regards Jim

The name?? Tom Blasing (as in Blazing Saddles). But enough horsin' aroundcwm32.gif. It's really kind of a cool name to have to go along with some of employment my family has had. My father, as some of you know, is a retired Cincinnati Firefighter and at my last job I ran the Firearms Dept. at a local store chain. It just gave that unsaid feeling to other employees to not **** with me.

Mom's side of the family has been traced back to a man name Oakie VanOsdol (1757-1849). Yes, he fought in the Revolutionary War. A cousin of mine has recently traced our family to the 1500's. The best part of all this is that I have no idea where any of these babbelings are goingcwm1.gif.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

It is my nature to goof around (surprise!), and in the early days of my carpentry career, I developed a character, Mr. Fini, the oldest carpenter, whom I would become for the entertainment of my co-workers. With his pants pulled up to his ****, pelvis tilted forward, and generally hunched over, Mr. Fini would scoot around the jobsite randomly measuring the distance between irrelevant points, mumbling the results to whomever might be around. Now that I think about it, his demeanor was based on a Tim Conway character (the old guy that takes forever to walk from one point to another...while Harvey Korman cracks up).

Nowadays, fini seems to mean that when I post in a thread, it usually dies.

And now you know...the rest...of the story. Good day!

fini

quote:

Originally posted by deang:

Hey Wes, what do you think of Sasquatch, Wendigos, Ball of Lights, ectoplasm, and inner space.

Guess we'll have to talk about that on some other board

Dean, good to know there's another admirer of what the Lakotas called Wakan Tankas (Great Mysteries).

Speaking of Sasquatch, I grew up in a small town in the South West Arkansas/East Texas area. There was a rather poor movie made about one of the local legends from another nearby town, the movie was called "The Legend of Boggy Creek". The locals simply referred to it as theThe Fouke Monster, named after the small town of Fouke, Arkansas. As best I can recall an old gentleman named Smokey Crabtree did his best to keep the legend alive. Yea, I bet we could conjure up some interesting conversations. But as you said, best kept to another board.

Anyone interested in a vacationing in Roswell, New Mexico?Eyes.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 05-21-2002 at 01:35 PM

Wow, fini that must have been funnier than a "Greggorian" (sic) chant sung in Morse Code... as tall and robust as you are in person!

Maybe you ought to use that new camera and get the wife to snap a photo of your "Mr. Fini" shtick! -HornED

PS: How about using your influence to have Clipped and Shorn reveal the "rest of the story" of how he picked the "C&S" moniker for this Forum.

About twenty-six years ago a friend of mine started calling me Tommytooter. My first name is Tom. I started using the name on the internet as an I.D. except I spelled it Tommytutor, not tooter, because I never checked the actual spelling until the time of this post. The tooter part actually came from the Tooter Turtle cartoon. Remember the Help Mr. Wizard!! Dwissom dwassom dwissom dwoom, time for this one to come home? Anyway, thats how I came about with the name I use.