What's behind those IDs??

chickey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't post here very often, but more than the 4 times my little counter says... for some reason it reset. But I do read these forums pretty regularly and know most of your personalities. So I feel I can contribute to this thread. Mine is a combination of my first and last names: Sean Keegan = Shank. And 2001 is the year I signed up on here.

cwm7.gif

------------------

Sean Keegan

Klipsch Chorus IIs

Sony TA-E1000ES Pre-Amp

2 Mono 300W Sony

TA-N330ES Amplifiers (Front)

1 Sony TA-N330ES Amplifier (Rear)

decibel man? Hint, hint: I am not a big fan of the mute button. I just moved into our new house. The three best things about it:

1. 15 coarse full basement begging to be HT fitted

2. 4 season sun room so we can keep the dog's bed in there and not the family room. I would get yelled at for blasting the system because the dog would get pissed off and go to another room at our last home.

3. Finally, a deep three car garage. 2 cars and my workshop.

The rest is just fluff.

Jason Taft

------------------

Enjoy and Happy Listening!

A 15 course basement...if the courses are in concrete "cinderblocks"..would equal or EXCEED 8.125 feet floor to ceiling!!...at about 6.5 inches per course height, including .5" for the mortar joint!!...pretty nice basement!!! Sounds like a great area for a soundroom!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Wes,

You need to amend your statement about where you grew up...it is SOUTHWEST AR, NOT southeast...LOL! I am from Prescott...east of Hope...and very familiar with Fouke area...and the Fouke Monster stories!! I am also familiar with the rather large billboards that used to be at the city limits of Fouke...the ones with the warning for certain individuals not to let "the sun go down" with them still in town!! My "stompin grounds" extend from DeQueen down through Texarkana to Shreveport, east to ElDorado, north to Arkadelphia and Hot Springs, and back west to DeQueen. I know every county road, highway, and logging road...all the creeks, bayous, and rivers in that area, too! Don't most of us country boys? Smile.gif Bye the way...the old ferry across the Red River down there finally was replaced by a bridge a few years back...I hated that!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Yeah, I hear ya. I have been a Maryland fan since the days of Len Bias. It broke my heart when he died. I literally cried like a baby when I got the news that morning at work. I can remember it as if it was yesterday. His younger brother (Jay Bias) died not long after due to another drug related incident. Very sad.

I have seen some lean times (Bob Wade) and felt the wait had been long enough for these guys. I couldn't have been prouder when they won the championship. Unfortunately, without Wilcox (leaving early for the NBA), they won't make the Final 4 next year. Such is life in College Basketball...

Mike

HDBRbuilder,

Thanks for alerting me to the typo. Looks like we traveled some of the same paths (LOL). Add Magnolia, Camden and Hanesville, LA to that list for me. Saw many good concerts at Shreveport too. Hey, I graduated via GI Bill from Texarkana College/ETSU in 1979.

Small World!

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

That is exactly what I ment by "15 coarse" (sp?). The ceiling actually measures about 9'8". That gives me a ton of options. Now all I need is some cash. I got downsized and now need to find a job. Thank god my wife does okay. I hope to start HT construction in the next 18 to 24 months, depending on new career. I would love to have a couple of Khorns and 3 Belle's. For now I have the regular ref system up stairs, but the ceiling in the family room is 17'(rectangular room, all 90 degree angles) which doesn't help. My little LF-10 seems to get a little lost, and the echo is a bit annoying. Oh well, back to the resumes.

JT

------------------

Enjoy and Happy Listening!

gooch

Got the nickname from my High School days. Too many Mike's to go around, so 'gooch' was extrapolated from my last name, Toguchi. I still go by it on occasion, and my recent HS reunion has brought to my attention that many people still call me by it.

It's cool to see where everybody's ID came from. Great thread!

------------------

RF-3 RC-3 RS-3 KSW-12

Sony Trinitron 32"

Denon 3802

quote:

Originally posted by chickey:

OK, just out of pure curiosity, what is the derivation of some of the handles (IDs) that show up on this board? Some are easy to discern names like DougDrake and HornEd dont take too much detective work to derive, and even mine is simply my first initial and last name. But others are more obscure what exactly does an HDBRbuilder build?? And what species is a JHawk??? Even our friend Boa12 is enigmatic. Any takers?

Colin

when i started here my name was justin, i lived in texas, and i was 16. hence justin_tx_16, that way people did not ask for my a/s/l, age, sex, location. not many girls named justin Smile.gif but now I am 17... still live in texas, and still go by justin though Smile.gif

wow, how exciting right? LoL!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by dougdrake:

Justin - Nice to see you back!! Everything OK?

Doug

thanks. pretty much yeah Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

i've been in the audio/video sales installation 'biz' for 11 years.

Good for you!... err, where did that come from? haha.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support