What's behind those IDs??

chickey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<trying very hard here not to implicate Shapeshifter in anything written by Carlos Castenada, nor in any resemblance to Brujos, nor in the use of a Native American treat called the peyote cactus used in their rituals.......hmmmmm Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-16-2002 at 03:55 PM

thanks builder & ed. yea those jays can get pretty nasty. make for good entertainment out the window. Smile.gif

badbob, maybe i should change my name to "cow palace".

but i actually did go there & also suffered thru all that urban cowboy mania (1st sat nite fever - disco, then he does that. cwm25.gif)

anyway, wherever the girls were back then. Wink.gif & i did become a pretty good mechanical bull rider. cwm11.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

HDBRbuilder,

Oh No! Wasn't Castaneda the South American who supposedly had an association with, or inherited the powers of a Yaqui shaman. I view the practice of shamanism, sorcerers and Conjuring Brujos quite a bit different than the Native American's belief in Shape Shifting. Humm....the use of peyote would require a private sidebar discussion.Wink.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 05-16-2002 at 05:40 PM

Wes....LOL!

Ya Know...if you don't slice them buttons off at a downward angle, the core of the cactus rots out killin it instead of it healing over into clone buttons...And that kinda angers the Native Americans when they come out and find parts of their favorite patch rotting away!!! OOOPS!! Yeah, I READ that somewhere, yeah, that's the ticket, I READ that SOMEWHERE!!! Smile.gif

Yeah...I remember when I READ that....somewhere in south Texas in the early 70's while wandering around near Zapata with an old buddy of mine out in "the desert"...I can still remember READING that!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-16-2002 at 06:21 PM

lynnm

Just a contraction of my actual name - First Name and last initial.

Lynn Marshall

No - I am not a part of the regretably small - contingent of female Klipsch admirers who frequent this forum.

Some years ago Johnny Cash had a major hit with the song A Boy Named Sue - As a male whose teenage years spanned the mid 50's to the mid 60's - I cannot begin to tell you how much I related to that song.

This message has been edited by lynnm on 05-16-2002 at 08:53 PM

My handle is obvious for the most part.

The "Gil" comes from the fact that I was named for my maternal grandfather, who was William Gilroy. I've read this is traditional. Naturally his nickname was Gil.

Unfortunately, he passed away before I was born.

He worked as an electrican in Luna Park which was part of the Coney Island complex, and also kept a family business in a "skee ball" booth.

I delight in the limited information suggesting an atavistic trend. He practiced dry wit and subtile humor, which I attempt to cultivate.

Gil

My is nick name is just simply my first initial and last name. However, in some other forums, I often go by "SkiBumMSP". The "MSP" for Massanutten Ski Patrol. I have been skiing for 20 plus years (started when I was 11) and now a member of the ski patrol at the local ski area (Massanutten). The avatar was just because I thought it was cool. I'll have to go look again to see if there is something ski related.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Reciever)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC- (Center)

RC- (Rear)

RS- (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump:

My name is Forrest and I live to Hump.
Wink.gif

Well I'll be. I would never have gotten that impression based on your signature...

You know, go forth and hump the world. cwm27.gif

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by LNEtubaPLYR:

lnetubaplyr,

probably easy to figure the last part. tuba player. what can i say i love horns! lne is for Lincoln Northeast High. my high school. GO NORTHEAST!!!

Heh cool! I played the tuba for one year in high school marching band. Oh ya, we sucked, but it was a blast swining those tubas around... Actually played the suzaphone. (<--spelling ??). Started out on trumpet, went to baratone then to tuba/suszphone.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I chose "Soundog" for two reasons. There is a giant 25' 4 ton replica of RCA Victor's Nipper "His master's voice" that looms over North Albany that dates back to when I was a teenager and that area of Albany was the heart of the electronic supply district (like a small Cortlandt Strret (NYC). HiFi began in the 50s in converted backrooms or second floors of these parts supply houses that sold components origionally designed for use in radio stations, recording studios and movie theaters.

The second reason is my listening buddy a Springer Spaniel my son named "Spot" (He was only 6 at the time - what's George's excuse?).

I would love to put Nipper and Spot in my postings - how could I do this?

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

Soundog, setting up your sig line with photos of "Nipper" and "Spot" with maybe a shot of your system in-between would be relatively easy to do.

I can send you an email explaining it (as I did with Clipped & Shorn and others) and I could also set the photos up to be more efficient to use within the Klipsch Forum constraints.

Email me at eddennis@msn.com if you would like to pursue it. -HornED