Jubilee Schematic for passive crossover

Guest " "

Yes

Thanks, I needed that .pdf as at some point I may change the Wall's K'horns to Jube's with a passive system.

trying to kep it circulated.....btw, what ever happended to the klipsch history document?

Here is the Z-Plot for the Jubilee System with the v1 passive crossover

do you have an spl plot to match ....I don't think I would care about impedenace if the spl was flat...

For anyone using amplifiers like single ended tube amplifiers with high output impedances......This is an add on modification by Roy for the v1 passive that compensates for the impedance shifts and lessens any frequency response shifts when using these type amplifiers with the Jub and the v1 passive. In other words it helps to minimize one variable in perceived sound(ie: tonal shifting) when using high output impedance amplifiers(like the SE Tube Type) with this v1passive/Jub system .

Just add these zobels to the input of the LF and HF sections of the v1 passive.

post-14473-13819685480828_thumb.jpg

Here is the Z-Plot for the Jubilee System with the v1 passive crossover

do you have an spl plot to match ....I don't think I would care about impedenace if the spl was flat...

These Impedence swings really don't matter with low imprdance SS amps.

With SE Tube amps the Z compensation would keep things more equal to the orginal voicing of the system but that isn't a guarantee that someone would prefer the correction because it does subtlety alter the tonal balance of the system so depending on other variables who knows what any given individual might prefer.

This is Roy's anechoic FR Plot with v1 passive system

post-14473-13819685484848_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

OK I am late to this topic and a dollar short but thinking along these lines with some MWM bins. On the schematics what is a 2.25mh SLC DCR <.5 ohms? I know it is an inductor but can't find the explanation of what exactly this is. Can I use this HF network for a 402 horn on the MWM's?

The inductor in series is acting as a lowpass filter.

The capacitors in parallel are also lowpass filters.

The HF section is designed for a K-510 horn and is not interchangeable with the K-402. 

What you are trying to merge together, can become quite complicated to get right.