CES Introductions - The Klipsch Console - Fini's Gonna Love This

BLSamuel

Thats a good idea for a living room with matching wireless surround speakers?

By the compents I think should be timbre matched to reference line? Or maybe THX Ultra?

Only official picture and I think CES model is black.

It would be sad if cannot at least get in standard Walnut or Cherry veneers. The one I saw was real wood, maybe the really cool veneer one seen in this thread. Much cooler in real wood though many will like black.

Klipsch Stadium

Also from Pocket-Lint.com, The Klipsch Stadium

Just read a little article about this product.

Looks nice BUT I will never purchase ANY product that only states Apple or IPOD compatible.

They need to change it to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Compatible.

I myself have boycotted Apple.

Looks nice BUT I will never purchase ANY product that only states Apple or IPOD compatible.

They need to change it to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Compatible.

I myself have boycotted Apple.

I think I want to stick to audio formats that are not controlled by one company. Such as Apple lossless. I'm leaning towards FLAC in the future for portable tunes and maybe Cowon in the future for portable hardware as for some reason I think they'll handle FLAC. Although last time I looked I didn't think their hard drives were big enough for my liking. I want to move up from current 60 GB Creative Zen Xtra. (Zen and the art of portable mp3 players0 to a much larger hard drive. Though I think Cowon may have memory card slot and they are getting HUGER and cheaper. And will probably not replace the Zen until it dies. Or the girls' 40 GB models as they use much smaller capacity iPods....

I think the Stadium and (updated) RoomGroove both use AirPlay (oh, that's probably an Apple thing) Ugh. I'd hope would also include WiFi or Bluetooth but I'm not sure. Or at least use Klipschcast but maybe can only use non Apple compatible products through headphone jack and cabled to them? That would be dispointing. I'm hoping additional RoomGrooves can play what's on another like the original. I guess we'll find out.

Hmmm. No comments by Fini. I think he's been on. Maybe he only likes vintageconsoles for the tube amplifiers and Garrards he can get from them?

Or he's not seen this thread or the post in 3 Minutes To Miller Time or he starts drooling on his keyboard everytime he tries to post about a new modern up to date Klipsch Console.... or he's on recon mission to HQ to get some hi res pictures of the proto that was outside the engineering office. At least a few weeks ago...

I like the wood one with the retro feet (and cerametallic woofs?) better. Also want to use it as a center channel, not a wireless stereo from my iPhone. How about it, Klipsch? Help a guy out? [;)]

Lou

It can function as a center channel and Subwoofer. I think the 10" woofers are cerametallic to match the RF 7 II so would probably make an awesome center channnel, sub, and TV stand for 5.1 or 7.1 home theater.

I too prefer to see the wood veneer. Our youngest daughter wants a Scandinavian look. Teak with cane grills sounds good to her.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the look of the console you pictured, Iain. The Klipsch wooden prototype is too boxy for my tastes. Klipsch designers should take inspiration from that wild, organic shaped Khorn pictured in the museum...

1123569.ashx

Like the wood grain just fine, but yeah, might want to get some wooden legs on it.

Different topic, but I recall somewhere a mention of more reference line products getting moved back to the U.S for manufacturing. Anyone got more details on that? Amy? New moderator guy?

Lou

Dude thats cool, why didnt make one back in the sixties and seventies whem they were popular. Also I think it would even cooler if you could put your own avr or reciever in there or like someone said a spot for a turn table.

Now I have to decide either save my pennies for one these or the leg lamp for my dad. Probably a big price difference bit I have a year to save.