CES Introductions - The Klipsch Console - Fini's Gonna Love This

BLSamuel

During a stop at the Klipsch HQ a few weeks ago to visit P Thump and check out the M40 (sweet, but only a pre-production model with dead batteries was available) I noticed what looked like a console outdie the engineering offices. With a big display "poster" behind it. Klipsch Console. Miss Amy said she didn't care if I started some rumors.....

No need to. Today's CES announcments. Room Grove Air, Klipsch Stadium,a nd Klipsch Console.

Hand built in Hope, Ark. where the brand was originally founded, the Klipsch Console serves as both a multifunctional 2.1 audio system and furniture centerpiece. Boasting cutting-edge design and engineering, the Klipsch console provides plug n’ play functionality for music, movies and television, in addition to its Airplay capabilities. Versatile inputs, including HDMI, optical and USB, provide numerous sound connection options no matter the preferred media source. To best produce the Klipsch sound signature, the unique system utilizes dual 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horns with 1.75-inch titanium dome, high-compression drivers featuring Linear Travel Suspension (LTS),10-inch machine-spun Cerametallic™ woofers with folded cones and huge motor structures, and 12-inch non-resonant, woven fiberglass subwoofer drivers with large, four-layer, aluminum-wound voice coils. For added impact, the Klipsch Console can also be used as a center channel and subwoofer solution for more extensive home theater setups.

The Klipsch RoomGroove Air and Klipsch Stadium speakers will be available in fall 2012, with Klipsch Console following in winter 2012.

Didn't see any pictures but it looked really nice in person. 2.1 and can be used as center channel subwoofer in full surround systems. Retro Coolness.

http://resource.klipsch.com/pressreleases/klipsch-ces-2012.htm' target="_blank">

Console

I found this image of The Klipsch Console on www.pocket-lint.comfrom their news article on CES 2012

Thanks. The one I saw in person but didn't look really close was in cherry or walnut instead of black. It was very nice looking.

very sharp, I can see the appeal of either cabinet design. DIG the Jubilee badge? But what's a 'machine-spun cerametallic' woofer?

No idea, maybe formed from a liquid or pliable form around a spinning form before being fired (it has ceramic in the name) or cured? No idea how but what's a folded cone?

10-inch machine-spun Cerametallic™ woofers with folded cones

The little Stadium design looks pretty cool also.

And the RoomGroove is back with Airplay or whatever it's called. Too bad the CS500 and CS700 that allowed RoomGrooves to create a 2nd zone / whole house system didn't sell better. Or just the RoomGroove with the ability to play the same thing on another RoomGroove. I forgot but hope the RoomGroove can still play what's playing on one RoomGroove on another. That was a cool feature.

very sharp, I can see the appeal of either cabinet design. DIG the Jubilee badge? But what's a 'machine-spun cerametallic' woofer?

It's a pretty cool process for shaping metal. Here are a few vids. The first one is old way to make it and the second is the new way. That would sure make one heck of a sub.

Console

I found this image of The Klipsch Console on www.pocket-lint.comfrom their news article on CES 2012

So where's the record player?

Console

So where's the record player?

It's hard to tell. But it looks like there may be a shelf in the midlle where one could put a turntable? I only got a glance at the prototype I'm sure at HQ. I kind of processed later. Console. Saw an iPod dock. Sweet. I've begged Amy for a picture. Maybe she'll send a few nice images now that it's been officially announced. Please?

ps. Thanks for the LPs you contributed and JamesV delivered to the Pilgrimage in 2008 [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

Yeah, Rub it in Why dont ya. Its pretty slcik looking unit. I think the wife would like that..

Yeah. About an hour away so have visited a couple of times after doctor's appointments. But I didn't even get a picture but only had my cell phone with a piece of crap camera, even for a cell phone and didn't think to get a picture.

Ben, you make a very unassuming spy - good work Agent K!

Why thank you. Thankfully I did get a photo of what I'm sure is one of the earliest prototypes from an unkown source.

What I'd call uber retro cool. Probably the best sounding console stereo ever built or coolest speakers as furntiture, outside of the pretty rare (I think) JBL Paragon.

I think the wife would like that...

Ooh. This may be the largest speaker system with a good WAF. It's like a credenza or TV stand that's pretty. But maybe the top hinges up? Or there is some component storage between the main speakers? It's hard to tell. Didn't get a very long look at the one I saw. But with 2 10" bass drivers and 2 15" subs it may be all speaker enclosure?