any experience with the vf 35 or vf 36?

ousig

I am going to replace my KLF20s with a smaller floorstanding set. My dad is taking the 20s so they will stay in the family at least.

anyway due to size I was going to go with the RF62 for front (I already have the 52 center) but the RF52s just seemed like a big backtrack from my current setup. So I was all set on the 62s but I just saw vanns had the VF series of VERY cheap right now...the 35s are for like $180/speaker.

obviously they wouldnt be "as good" as the new RF62 but has anyone heard both to really compare? I mean if I could save $400 and get the VFs maybe that would be a good option...?

The Icon V speakers are nice speakers and you can't beat the price. I have the V serie and really think it makes a nice setup for 2 channel listening and home theater. I demo the Reference line, Pardigm and B&W prior to my purchase. Musically the Pardigm were my favorite. The thing that I notice with the V series speakers, was there was no harshness or horny sound to them. If you have a good pre-amp or avr for equalization and room correction, the difference between the reference line and the icon's will not be signifcant. When I first joined this forum, people told me to upgrade my speakers. After using them for a while, I think not. I like them and am only speaking for me. There is a post on this site where a member has the Palladium series, and V series. He gives a nice low down on the V series qualities. I like the sound from the xt tractix horn. My setup has a bit of a warm sound. Good luck! Only you can judge the cost difference and the performance value of your purchase. I went back and brought more Icon V speakers for a 9.1 HT.

The Icon V speakers are nice speakers and you can't beat the price. I have the V serie and really think it makes a nice setup for 2 channel listening and home theater. I demo the Reference line, Pardigm and B&W prior to my purchase. Musically the Pardigm were my favorite. The thing that I notice with the V series speakers, was there was no harshness or horny sound to them. If you have a good pre-amp or avr for equalization and room correction, the difference between the reference line and the icon's will not be signifcant. When I first joined this forum, people told me to upgrade my speakers. After using them for a while, I think not. I like them and am only speaking for me. There is a post on this site where a member has the Palladium series, and V series. He gives a nice low down on the V series qualities. I like the sound from the xt tractix horn. My setup has a bit of a warm sound. Good luck! Only you can judge the cost difference and the performance value of your purchase. I went back and brought more Icon V speakers for a 9.1 HT.

I think it's important to point out that every review I've seen from folks that heard these speakers in a home is a good review.