mystery?!

michael hurd

Just a repeat of my question in general question forum. Has anyone heard of pro-lascala's before. Is this based on the heritage series and stripped down for pro audio use or not. I have never seen these or heard mention until the other day. Is this fact or fiction ? When were they produced and are they worth mentoining ?

heard about them? i have seen them Smile.gif they were made of heavier duty materials, and not so pretty. on ebay every once and a while. That is where i saw them.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

They have some protection for the high end and came with a woofer able to take 200 watts of power.

Same basic design. Also, some were made with industrial sides, (metal trim) handles, and sometimes split too.(top horns, bottom w box) and fiberglass I believe.

I used 2 pairs of these in college in the 80's. (As a DJ and singer in a band in Bloomington, Indiana called "Exposure.") We would stack the low cabinets and put both high ends on top of one another. Easily we could play the smaller clubs to Axis (Used to be called Jakes) where on dime beer night they would easily squeeze 1,000 people + in. (although here we would also have 2 JBL subs too. Sorry, but true!)

If you can find a pair that still look good they would be a great buy!

Yes, I bought two pairs of these last year for my church. They have a heavy duty woofer able to handle 200 watts, fuse protection for top end. They were available in either one piece or split versions with either metal trim or plastic trim and corner protectors.

You can still buy the plastic trim and corner protectors from Klipsch in Hope. Inputs included banana plug and 1/4" plug.

They don't reach quite as low as the home version, but it's a barely noticeable difference to my ears. They play unbelievably loud and tight. A pair will easily cover a room that seats 1,000 people.

Must be a rich church! Aren't they $12,000/pr.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

• 5 months later...

In my quest for a center channel speaker (would like to have a single Heresy), I've been checking local pawn shops here in Nashville. This afternoon, I found a single Klipsch KP-250 which is essentially a 49 pound three way speaker which can be mounted on a pole if desired. In the connection cup on the back side of the enclosure was the name, "LaScala." Surprise Surprise!

The idiot at the pawn shop first said that the speaker was a subwoofer. I talked him into taking off the front grill and there in front of us were three speakers. We hooked the speaker up and it appeared to work.

Although this thing looks like it would be more at home on the wall in a club, it wouldn't look out of place between my two '77 ALK LaScalas. Is this speaker an industrial version of a Heresy?

Dave in Nashville