Pure I-20 I dock

JHoman

Just got my I-20 last night. I really like this, makes my IPhone sound great. The on board DAC does a good job, it's well worth the $94.00 I paid for it & it works with our iPad as well. Pandora sounded much better hooked up through the Pure than it did coming from the headphone jack to my BBX.

Anyone else using this system?

Without a doubt it is better. The I-20 has its own 24-bit 192 KHz DAC built into the base. It has L-R analogue outputs in the back to go to your pre-amp. As I understand it, it takes the raw digital data from your Ipod, Iphone & processes it through the built in DAC in its base. I also docked the wifes Ipad 2 in it and stremed Pandora for a few hours. Sound was way better than it usually is coming from the head phone jack. I found mine on Amazon.com. Several suppliers, mine came out of GA, got here in three days. Total was under $100.00.

I'm very happy with the unit.

Jeff

I have had the Pure I-20 dock for about 2 weeks now and I love it......I had been using a Griffen air dock with great results but I think the results from the Pure are a lot cleaner , crisp and defined......damn I hate to start sounding like some pompous self proclaimed" audiophile".....the only drawback the Pure has is its remote is infrared...and the Griffen remote uses an RF signal .......so I can be outside on my patio and control the dock without being in line of sight...........

Yes I understand this, my problem is that I keep my Iphone in an Otter Box to keep it from being destroyed while I work & play. I have to take it out of the Box to get it to dock, I also just put my wifes Ipad in a similar case for protection, thank God as she just dropped it...... but it too must be taken out of the case to dock. Other than that, I think it's a heck of a little unit that does a very good job converting the digital signal to analogue with it's on board DAC, especially for under a hundred bucks.

On truck, out for delivery...

Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys some impressions later today/evening. I'll keep you guys posted.

Well, where are we on this? I'm loving mine, Pandora sounds much better on the Pure to me.

On truck, out for delivery...

Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys some impressions later today/evening. I'll keep you guys posted.

Well, where are we on this? I'm loving mine, Pandora sounds much better on the Pure to me.

He likes it so much, he forgot to come back and report! ........ rolling.gif

Dennie [;)]

Initial impressions... I like this little dock. Can't say that I love it, yet. I don't have it dialed in the way I want it just yet. I will say Pandora sounds 1000x's better. Very enjoyable. I'm going to give it a week or so, then I will post a more comprehensive review.

I will also say... It is worth EVERY penny of the $90 I paid for it!