KP corners

twalkonline

Thanks, guys. I hate to make a big deal over some 60 cent plastic corners, but I can't help it...(It's an anal engineering thing...my wife says I can't write on anythng except graph paper...you get the picture...) Anyway, my KP-201's all have a type of corner which lock together with what I would describe as bubble and dimple instead of ribs. They have a definite lip that allows them to sit flush on the cabinet while retaining the protective extrusions. Was this style standard from Klipsch at some point? Going back through the klipsch site, most of the pro products pictured show a ribbed Penn Elcom type corner. I can't tell from the photos how well they fit or if they are truly flush, but I do know that PE makes a version of the same ribbed corner with clearance for the edge protector extrusions they sell. It's part no. C1536. Parts Express carries, the same part WITHOUT clearance for extrusion, p/n C1539. Can anyone confirm that the Klipsch corner is indeed the same 1539 that Parts Express carries and not the 1536? Anyone ever held a 1536 corner in your hand? Anyone know where to buy them?

yep, just checked, my KP301 have the ribbed corner and there is a 1/2 raised lip around the 'open' end where the rubber extrusion goes underneath. It's a neat look. The 1536 is what I've been using, they're flexible a bit so don't seem to have any issues as replacements- I've used a couple on my KP250's and they work fine.

I got the info from the Penn Elcom website and it's hard to tell how much recess there is on the 1536 corner or if it's the same part on your KP301's. The drawing for the part really only shows outside dimensions. Have not contacted Penn Elcom. I just assume that they sell larger quantities and I need to find a dealer, like Parts Express, who carries them. Maybe Parts Express could special order a few. Haven't checked with them, either. Better yet, maybe there's a business opportunity here if I order a big quantity to sell to all the KP owners whose corners that have cracked and split. (Perhaps I'll corner the market! - da dum - I'm here all week, folks....) I've used lots of the 1539's from Parts Express on other cabinets, but this is the first pair of proper KP's that I've re-cornered. It's good to know that they will work, but if I find out anything on the others, I'll share it. I was just hoping that someone else had already been through this. One other thing I thought was funny - the only photo of a KP-301 on the Klipsch website is that of the KP-301 II and it has a corner missing in the photo! What's up with that? Was that the only photo they had? They couldn't find one more corner for the photo? Or at least take one off the rear and put it on the front for the photo for cryin' out loud!

• 1 year later...