Putting tv directly on top of center speaker

Groto

I have seen many on this forum and other forums place their 50+ lbs TV on top of center speakers with no ill affects at all. You may want to open up your RC-7 and see what type of bracing it has and maybe add a couple of braces near the center point just for peace of mind.

Another option would be for you to buy or build a riser slightly taller and wider so your RC-7 will slide right in and the TV will rest on the riser.

http://www.standsandmounts.com/WoodTechnologyTVRiserwithAdjustableSpeakerorComponentHousing.aspx

Bill

Another option would be for you to buy or build a riser slightly taller and wider so your RC-7 will slide right in and the TV will rest on the riser.

I really wouldn't put the TV on top of the speaker anymore than I would put the speaker's weight directly on top of the TV.

I really wouldn't put the TV on top of the speaker anymore than I would put the speaker's weight directly on top of the TV.
I agree.. Not a good idea. If the worst was to happen, you would lose "two," not "one" piece of expensive gear.

I wouldn't do it either.

My 50" LG plasma is currently hung on the wall but if had to use its stand I would NOT rest it on a speaker. Any speaker.

There are any number of risers available at very reasonable costs. Me.... I'd just build a custom sized riser and be done with it.

I'd be happy to build for you whatever you need. I'm fairly competent when it comes to woodworking. PM me if interested.

THANX!

Am I going to damage my Klipsch rc-7 by putting my 52in Samsung LCD tv directly on top of it? Thanks

Structurally, you're not going to damage your MDF RC-7 speaker box. It may sag a little (~1/8th inch or so) over an extended time if you put the load of the TV on non-supported areas of the speaker, but the speaker isn't going to be affected. You can put money on the bet that Klipsch designs their speakers so that nothing will happen if they are loaded like this, because I can tell you that lot of people are already doing it...

However, if you have issues with EMI from the speaker's drivers affecting your TV, see the following article for an elegant solution:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/lessemf/1.html

Chris

P.S. A location to buy the foil materials: http://www.lessemf.com/mag-shld.html

Been using my center Belle as a tv stand for over 6 years with no problems.

Same here, except I've only been using the Belle for about a year to hold a flat screen in my wife's multi-purpose (sewing) room that has corner-horns, Belle center, and Heresy surrounds. The Belle has a piece of glass on top to prevent scratches and stains.

The TV is just at the right height, too.

Chris