Advice on Heresy III with sub or Cornwall III

audiotone

Suppose I am in the mood for spending some money...

What are your thoughts on this; buy a pair of Hersy III with sub(s) or buy a pair of cornwall III?

I have a low power amp (Altmann Byob 2 x 10 Watts) battery driven, sounds very good with my open baffles...(eminence 15A active + Visaton B200)

Sometimes i feel some "balls" missing in the music...I don't mean effects but some "body" on especially Piano, sax and clarinet music....

This would be the only reason to change something on my system...

any advise?

kind regards,

Guest Anonymous

Thing i dont like about the Heresy III and Cornwal III is its made of MDF. the II's were birch ply.

Edit: i think the Heresy 1's were birch ply, and the II's might have been a high density fiber board.

I'll go against everyone else and say Heresy III plus a sub or two is what I'd do. As was mentioned, the tweeter and midrange between the H3 and CW3 are the same. Place the Heresys on stands that raise them up to the same height as a Cornwall and you're good to go. Lots of great sub options out there that will give a lot more slam and dig deeper than a Cornwall could ever dream of doing.