frazier model seven

rainforestman

Im new to the forum ....but old to klipsch speakers with a pair of fortes, kg 4 and kg 2.5 in my stable. A couple of days ago i find a pair of fraziers model seven, im working on them to restore these speakers, but need help in find the correct pots for them....any help here is welcome...

Here were i live..."puerto rico"....not very much people understand the beauty of restoring and collecting vintage audio....

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 pairs of Frazier Model 7's, one pair with cone mids and one with horn mids. Get L-Pads from PartsExpress. I just restored some Alon II speakers which retailed in 1993 for $2500-$3000 and prefer my Fraziers to them without question. You will be smiling soon rainforestman...

• 5 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2012 at 2:23 PM, rainforestman said:

Im new to the forum ....but old to klipsch speakers with a pair of fortes, kg 4 and kg 2.5 in my stable. A couple of days ago i find a pair of fraziers model seven, im working on them to restore these speakers, but need help in find the correct pots for them....any help here is welcome...

Here were i live..."puerto rico"....not very much people understand the beauty of restoring and collecting vintage audio....

I think you hit the report button by mistake.

Second Lonelobo's suggestion of PartsExpress.  I believe the pots in the Frazier's were 50watt @ 8ohm so the good 100watt should work.  

I had a pair of Frazier Mark Va speakers in black walnut I rebuilt into Model 7s.  Great speakers and used them for years.  Make sure you get rid of the cheap capacitors and put in much better ones. 

Enjoy!!

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Dave, @Mallette, should be able to help, but that assumes the poster survived the hurricane and is still looking for pots more than 5 years later.

I didn't notice that the post was 5 years old.  I only saw it because it showed up as a reported post in the moderator area yesterday.  Odd.