series ii center channels

ousig

hey all

I just got a set of RF62ii to replace my beloved KLF20s (just too big) - that my dad is going to use in his HT...anyway due to my previous TV stand the biggest center I could fit was the RC52. Yes I was running it with the KLFs and overall it was fine, but that is probably because I didnt have my KLFC7 any longer so I had to settle. This 52 speaker seems to get very little love on this site but either way I will want to change to the RC62ii to match my fronts soon (I think)? considering my Denon can voice match the speakers as best it can, what would I really be getting with the 62 vs the 52? Right now my only complaint is the 52 seems kind of small sounding on some formats. But on a true 5.1 recording the center is very clear and loud.

I was also wondering why Klipsch changed from the staggered crossover design of the older reference centers to 1 frequency in the new ones? If this is a downgrade maybe I should look for a used RC62 instead of the mark ii verson?

I am sure the differences are all very minimal but if I do change I want to get the best speaker for my money.

thanks for the replies