Who is the real Jolida?????

SuBXeRo

Poor English aside, it's Jolida.net. The folks at Jolida.com used to be just the distribution and marketing in the states, but now are selling their own designs. Jolida.net out of China are Jolida; they were (and are) responsible for the designs we all know and love.

• 8 months later...

I first dealt with Jolida about 10 years ago. I dealt with Jolida.com in Md. I am also an authorized dealer now with a brick and mortar store in New Albany, Indiana. Jolida in Md. is the real deal. Believe what you will, but that is the fact. I have read numerous great reviews about Jolida gear, the cd player, the tube amps, the hybrid amps. One this that tubes do not like is a "jarring"- like a light bulb- jar it and when you next turn it on it goes out in a flash. People never tell the whole story, or even realize it sometimes. Dust collecting in the tube sockets is not good either. If one sits for a while it is good to take the tubes out, clean, reseat tubes, rebias. I am talking about just sitting in a closet for a couple of months or more. Jolida amps have been improved upon over the years. Are excellent for the money. It would be hard to find a ss amp / receiver at $1000 that will compare to the Jolida hybrid. I have read a guy saying he just does not get good enough bass from his Klipsch speakers. I have an older pair of the F10s- SF-1. I use 10 per ft. speaker cables and $150 interconnects. I get plenty enough bass. Most reviews of the RF-62 mention the bass is heavy. Recently I had asked what would be good amp to use with Klipsch. Many said tubes. Some said a Jolida 202. Good choice. Thanks for all the input. Right now I am using a vintage Marantz 1070 integrated solid state amp. It sounds great with the Klipsch. I am going to begin using a Jolida hybrid soon. And then use a tube amp for a while. We never have more than a couple of units on hand at a time, and we sometimes have a good buy on a demo unit. Once we had the Jolida tuner (discontinued now). It was the best tuner I have ever ran across period. It picked up stations far away as 100 miles. And, small, weak stations. Jolida does stand behind their gear, and you can receive service from them in Md. Or their dealers. We do. It always gets down to what you like to hear- what sounds good to you. And, an angry person cannot write an objective review, nor comment on a forum. A person wanting to show off by talking audio jive is .... well, why does that person not just go ahead and buy a Conrad Johnson, or Cary and not even worry about Jolida? Talk is talk, and it is cheap. The Jolida in MD is the real deal. If you do not believe me, ask Wally at Underwoodhifi.com. I like dealing in vintage gear too. Hopefully after the first of the year my partner and I will be able to invest in some more inventory. Thanks for all your comments. With real good speaker cables, and interconnects, one might be real happy with a pair of F20s. Some vintage solid state hifi gear sounds real smooth, but has some bass. I also think that a 100 watt amp is a bit much for a pair of sensitive speakers like Klipsch RF-62. 35 watts would drive heck out them. I have seen a 1 watt tube amp drive Klipsch speakers. Good to be here again. Thanks.

I work in the same industrial park as they are located and stopped in one recent afternoon. They owner and tech were listening to a pair of ptototype tube amps to some (ugly) tower speakers. The sound was awesome. They are going all-out on this design with all high end parts. No matter which is the real Jolida, what's in a name?They do an amazing mail order busines. I don't know where their manufacturing is located, but their beta gear is absolutely fantastic and, after talking with them, they are on the constant journey toward audio nirvana that regular folks can afford as well as total blowout systems.

• 4 months later...

The real Jolida is www dot jolida dot com. in Annapolis Junction, Md. I have been doing business with them for sometime now. I sell their products. Their is a company jolidaaudio dot net. They have a dealer in Fla. They are based in China. They used to do manufacturing work for Jolida, stole some designs and started making and selling knock offs. Go to each website. See who has the largest product offering. It stands to reason the company with the larger offering would be the real company. Also, jolida dot com in Md. is going to begin having manufacturing work done in the USA around the end of this year. I own three of their amps and really like the amps= never any problems at all.