Vintage amp, how many?

BBZink

Good evening,

recently, i purchase a few vintage amp, and now i can't decided witch one to keep?

they all soundmdifferent, but perform great!

my list for now

integrated: Sugden a48III; Carver 1900; miniwatt tbe el84

Receiver: Harman Kardon twin power 430; Altec 711A; Panasonic fm16 (16ohms)

Each one got a phono included, so for now no need for my Juicy!

What do you do with your amp, keep only one? and sell the rest? or keep everything, it doesnn't worth much around 100-200$ per amp, and switch amp as you wish to change the sound?

i can't decided my self to sell those for nothing?

and you how many amp and keeper or changer?

Regards

Tpjrs

I have too many recievers also, but none for sale. Have been having them gone through, then giving some away to family. Haven't considered selling any. I think I have about 8 units that I'm not using at present. Guess that makes me a horder. Of course I could use it as and excuse to buy more Klipsch speakers, like 4-5 pair. Anyone know of a set with a base bin big enough to sleep in in case she kicks me out of the house?

• 3 weeks later...

I will say that it depends on the application.

If you are going straight stereo, I would keep the top 2 or 3 and deploy them around the house.

If you are using them behind your HTS receiver in order to get Class A sound, they I would choose my favorite and buy or trade for 3 more just like it so you can run 5.1 or 7.1 in Class A.

YMMV

I would sell all but your favorite, assuming you still can get parts for it? Then try something different and ask forum members for a little direction. After that, make sure what you purchase you can always sell for close to your purchase price. Thats one of the funs with this hobby, listening to new EQ. Good Luck with your search!

• 1 month later...