x-over hz on set of H/D 500s

leftwinger57

Hi guys,

Believe it or not I for whatever reason was looking at was in very simple terms the manual for the H/D 500 set.I've owned this thing for over 3yrs now.On it the setting was to be around 120hz and the control settings directing like a clock.Now my avr is a Yamaha rx-v665 and which I've tried dialing in using the YPAO mic system and the sub was set at 80 hz.Calling Klipsch they said absolutely to return to my set up and change hz to 120 because it takes the burden off the smalls and directs the lower end to the sub which of course makes sense.What I don't get to my ears I heard no appreciable diffence but I will stick to what Klipsch has told me.I don't know if there is even a question here or if I resolved the issue but if you would chime in and explain the workings of the pwrd sub it will be greatfull.

On an entirely different subject.I'm enthralled w/ Hereseys for some reson .I have never heard them but they seem to be ultra popular and was thinking w/ prices all over the place and condition a factor of course what is an acceptble price for a pair of let's say 1s.

I also have an HD 500. Due to the size/frequency response of the satellite, X/O at 120 Hz is ideal. Most of the time you may not hear an appreciable difference between 120-80 Hz on this system. But, it is when transient peaks occur in movies that the higher 120 Hz setting protects the speakers It can only take a small amount of time to fry a speaker. The sub is set at 80Hz to keep it from being directional. I think these are awesome system for their size.