New Pre Pro by EMO

USNRET

Advertising as having a phono stage and then alluding to an external device is a little misleading. ANY pre with analog inputs can have an external phono stage. And you are right about actual date of availability, I see that some folks have been on the wait list since 2008 [:o]

I hate to say it but I have been eagerly awaiting details on the long time coming XMC-1 and honestly I am disappointed to see Emotiva coming to the table with a $1,500 pre/pro. Just from glancing over the specs I don't see anything jaw dropping or any gotta have thats. I think the main appeal of EMO over the years has not been that their gear is top of the line, its not. The appeal has been that you get 90% high end quality at a fraction of the cost. If they could have brought the XMC with these features in at $1k that would be something to get excited about and continue the EMO cost/quality legacy but at $1,500 I will be looking much harder at the Integra DHC 80.3 or Marantz AV7005.

Just my thoughts. Someone correct me if I'm missing something here?

• Moderators

might just wait until this ones ironed out and on sale :)

I don't see me jumping on the XMC-1 either. It would be $900 with the 40% discount, probably would get $400, maybe $450 for the UMC-1. Just don't believe I will hear or experience $500 worth of difference between the UMC-1 and XMC-1.

Looks like a great new product.When it's released I'll be getting one, for 40% off, whoop! .I will not be holding my breath however as projected dates are just that.

You know I bet they priced it with that in mind. And then
later down the road I bet they cut the price accordingly (just a thought). They
know a lot of people can’t wait to cash in on that.

might just wait until this ones ironed out and on sale :)

I don't see me jumping on the XMC-1 either. It would be $900 with the 40% discount, probably would get $400, maybe $450 for the UMC-1. Just don't believe I will hear or experience $500 worth of difference between the UMC-1 and XMC-1.

That selling price of a used UMC-1 sounds a little optimistic from what I've seen them selling for, but I could be wrong. If they are selling for $499 with the 40% discount card now but then again compared to what $400 would buy elsewhere for used stuff it doesn't sound crazy. I can see it both ways I guess. It also depends on how much Emotiva starts selling the UMC-1 with HDMI 1.4 for, if that rumor ever comes true.

I'll be curious to see down the road what the UMC-1s sell for after the XMC-1 comes out. I've still got a 40% discount card from my first UMC-1, I wonder what the market value of it will be if the card saves the buyer $600? Another thing I'll be curious to see when the XMC-1 releases.

Hey Fish did you check out the pod cast. Did it hit the mark and then some for you.

I have not listened yet, but will soon, I did read the sheet.It's fun to speculate on price vs performance, but it could be comparable to $3-5k prepros, or could be comparable to the UMC -1 as to sound.I have a pretty good feeling the audio will be great, features way better than umc along with easier operation.

It could be a giant killer, or a disappointment, someday we'll know more.I had a phone conversation with Dan some time back, he is a pretty sharp guy and left me feeling he cared about owners.I do have faith in Emotiva as they shoot for quality build and musical products and have always been there for me.If I had to bet I'd say you won't find more musical prepro with similar features for less, but I seldom bet.