New Pre Pro by EMO

USNRET

I have two 40% cards and I'll be using one of them the day this thing is available. Anyone complaining about a $1500 price tag obviously hasnt priced pre/pros in a long time because they start at 3k basicly. I think this XMC is going to be the bees knees and I can't wait to put one in the theater room!

• Moderators

I do have faith in Emotiva as they shoot for quality build and musical products

There is no doubt in my mind that is the case either. Look how long they continued to work on the UMC-1. They could have easily said a long time ago, it's as far as we can take this baby. Like it or leave it...but they didn't. They continued to listen to their customers and moved forward to make the UMC-1 better while still working on the upcoming XMC-1.

If I had to bet I'd say you won't find more musical prepro with similar features for less, but I seldom bet.

Yes, there definitely isn't anything in the new market that comes close to the UMC-1 price/performance. Are there better pre/pros out there? Absolutely. But you'll have to spend 4-6 times the price to beat it.

Anyone complaining about a $1500 price tag obviously
hasnt priced pre/pros in a long time because they start at 3k
basicly.

I'm not complaining, I just can't see dropping $1500 on any processor, no matter how good it is. I can afford it, just have no desire to spend that much on something that will be outdated in a very short time.

That selling price of a used UMC-1 sounds a
little optimistic from what I've seen them selling for, but I could be
wrong. If they are selling for $499 with the 40% discount card now
but then again compared to what $400 would buy elsewhere for used stuff
it doesn't sound crazy. I can see it both ways I guess. It also depends
on how much Emotiva starts selling the UMC-1 with HDMI 1.4 for, if that
rumor ever comes true.

I assumed the price would go back up after the holidays but I was wrong. Definitely could not sell it for $400 - $450 if they are still selling new ones for $499. Probably more like $300 - $350. All the more reason for me not to upgrade.

I'm not complaining, I just can't see dropping $1500 on any processor, no matter how good it is.

I understand, I was just trying to point out how good of a deal it still is compared to the competition of pre/pros out there. Using our discount cards and getting an XMC at $899 seems very, very good to me esp if it is as much of a beast as it's supposed to be.

That's right, or $1000 for the xmc, sell umc for $350-400 and you just spent $650 or so on a great prepro, it's really one of the best deals and company out there in my opinion.

If you got the UMC for free that is true, otherwise you have to fiqure the initial cost in.