KPLU Online

oldmako

Main link: http://www.kplu.org/

Blues Link: http://kplu.org/term/blues-time-machine

Terriffic online stream.

NPR news in the morning (for all you commies, myself included). Excellent Jazz throughout the day (for all you geezers, myself included). Outstanding blues programming and online content (see second link) and all blues evening shows, especially on the weekends (for all you blues nuts, myself included).

I'll fill my tumbler, open the stream and then my Amazon account and listen, buy, listen, buy. It's a fantastic way to discover and sample old and/or hard to find recordings. It's also a great way to get really fat and waste hour upon hour with a big smile on your face and a fantastic reason to have some quality Klipsch and an amp tied to your PC.

[D]

Thanks Oldmako!

Here's another good one:

www.kuvo.org

Mainly jazz, but all sorts of different shows throughout the week (Jazz Odyssey, which is typically heavy on the experimental jammy jazz, and Brazillian Fantasy are my faves).

The stream isn't exactly hi-fi quality, but the content transcends the route of delivery. Check 'em out!

Glad to hear others discovering KPLU, They they do play excellent Jazz. I've been listening to them for years. Every Sunday morning, we tune in to "Jazz Sunday Side Up" with a cup of coffee and sets the mood perfectly. It's become a family ritual. The signal comes in nice and strong where I live and sounds wonderful through my Marantz 2220b and KG1 setup.

• Like 1