Klipsch Heritage Custom Veneers from Hope

LoudnClear

Does anyone know what happened to the custom factory veneer thread that Amy posted a few years ago listing the custom veneers they could do for Heritage?

I have searched and searched and cannot find it. I am close to doing the unthinkable. Selling a pair of the Klipsch loudspeakers I've been collecting over the past 5 years, just to finally turn around and pull the trigger on La Scala II's. I'd like to look at the list again and get a couple quotes from the factory on the custom finishes. DON'T tell me they quit offering custom finishes and deleted the thread... [&]

Kimball

Me too!

The only speaks I'm selling are the La Scala's to be replaced by La Scala II. And they are going to my friend locally here, so there's not anything for sale from me on the forum here. When I was at the 2011 Pilgramage in Hope, I had a chance to look at several samples of heritage in walnut and cherry. I found the walnut to be universally attractive. Several of the cherry speakers looked "overactive" for lack of a better word. There were alot of woodgrain artifacts in the cherry that I found distracting. I am getting more comfortable with the walnut though. I'd just like to see how much of an upcharge something really special would be.

The rosewood heresy's are beautiful. Not perfect, there are a couple missing pieces from the veneer, but its not really noticable. I upgraded the caps in the crossovers and that really brought the sound back to crystal clear. I have personally picked up all my speakers in person with the exception of these heresy's. Those were an ebay deal. Shipped from LA to Iowa without issue. The guy packed them very securely with several inches of protective substrate around each speaker.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand, anyone heard of the whereabouts of that factory veneers thread? I think it was in the announcements section.

Kimball

• Moderators

I am getting more comfortable with the walnut though.

The first pair of LaScala ll's I got to see was in Hope and they were in Walnut, they looked great. The somewhat dark look of the Walnut with the new thicker wood on the LaScala ll made it look better than a Belle, to me.

This is an idea of what the Walnut looks like, now this is a few years ago and Cornwalls but you can get the idea of the color. It is nice, this is them being made.

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/index.html

It doesn't hurt to get a price for something different if they still do that ?

Walnut Cornwall lll at home [Y]

post-11804-13819687110362_thumb.jpg

• 12 years later...