Mode M40 noise cancellation failure issue

0x04c

Hi there,

I've been using my M40 headphones fairly regularly since I got them just after Christmas. I normally don't use

the noise cancellation feature, but have discovered that it appears to be non operational now when I try turning

it on. There doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the unit at all , and all cabling appears on inspection to be intact across

the headband itself. It doesn't appear to be a flat battery, and the audio cuts out completely when switching the noise cancellation

on (which if I was being sarcastic, would be its normal function, right? :) ). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I did get a reply:

>Hello 
>
>I do apologize, however do you have a copy of the
>invoice and we would also need a good U.S. address
>as we are not set up to ship overseas.
>
>
>
>When replying to this email, please include the
>original message and all replies.
>
>Derek Schultz -
>
>Phone: xxxxxxxxxx Fax: xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Klipsch Group, Inc. Klipsch | Jamo | Mirage |
>Energy
>
>3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268

Apparemment, vous avez besoin d'un reçu et une adresse aux États-Unis pour Klipsch pour poster remplacement .... :/

votre anglais est parfait ... pardonnez mon français écrit ... malheureusment c'est tres mauvais.

I am French to. I had the same problem. The NC stop brutaly after 4 days. I send the M40 to my reseller and after 3 weeks i received a new M40.

It work fine and i think the sound is better with the NC than the first on. My new M40 works fine since 2 weeks.

Perhaps they have problem with the first series (I bought the M40 as soon it was released in France).

• Moderators

I'm sorry about the trouble. We have seen this

complaint from a small number of customers and have since taken corrective

action. If you are experiencing this, we do recommend you contact Klipsch customer

service if located in the US, or the retailer from which you purchased the

product if outside the US.

My friend and I purchased a pair of these each last friday, and all I have to say is that I am amazed in the sound quality. I have let these play over night many of times to break them in, and they are gradually sounding better.

The bad part is that by the third day of owning them, the noise canceling works, only in certain positions that I hold them and at that it barely does it. The fifth day, my friend's does the same thing, but you can't wiggle it to turn it on at all.

We are both taking them back and getting replacements, but I really hope that I am not let down by getting a second pair and them not working.

I'm sorry about the trouble. We have seen this

complaint from a small number of customers and have since taken corrective

action. If you are experiencing this, we do recommend you contact Klipsch customer

service if located in the US, or the retailer from which you purchased the

product if outside the US.

My second M40 have the same problem!!!! Are you sure you have taken corrective action. I will contact my retailer but what I guaranteed that the next will not have the same problem?

We took them back to the store we purchased at (Ovation in Indianapolis) and they exchanged them no problem. There is no way that this is a user problem, as I have been seeing more and more people complaining between here and Amazon. Hopefully they get this fixed, but no matter what I plan on keeping these for their sound quality.

We took them back to the store we purchased at (Ovation in Indianapolis) and they exchanged them no problem. There is no way that this is a user problem, as I have been seeing more and more people complaining between here and Amazon. Hopefully they get this fixed, but no matter what I plan on keeping these for their sound quality.

Rest assured Shardey. Amy says they've fixed the problem. They have.

Hopefullly not too many more out their with out. Professor Thump, who is now in China I think, also says it's fixed. And if you'd happen to get another set with this problem resst assured it will be corrected. Ovation would probably take care if it for you though in the US Klipsch will with receipt. (Ovation I think still has some Image X5 ..... sound better to me than Image X10) Ovation is a first rate store. I found a little Terk FM antenna on sale for $9.95. VERY GOOD price. It was supposed to have been put on sale at $19.95. They had 2 and offered to sell me both for $9.95. Wished I'd have taken them up on it now.. lol.

And they have some RELLLY GOOD stuff and they put on a very nice Palladium demo that I wasn't able to make. But don't feel bad for me, I've heard the Palladiums at least 4 times. P39F in 2 channel I think. P37 or 38F blind comparison against B&W 802d?. Great demo - "distant" vs "5th row and center / in your face" sound. What turned out to be the Palladium almost lost it at times... probably due to acoustic overload (loud is beautiful if it's clean, and if it's really clean, it doesn't necessarily sound that loud). Used in 5.1 mode for Dr Larry classical music session - a highlight for many at recent Indy Pilgrimges. And I think a 7.2 Dobly True HD demo. I hadn't really heard much Jane Monheit before that. (...whew...)

Enjoy your Mode's. I did get a brief audition of pre-production model with dead battery so couldn't try the noise reduction but very sweet sounding phones and surprisiingly comfortable. Not tried long term but may be comfortable enough for long term use.

... I've been using my M40 headphones fairly regularly since I got them just after Christmas. I normally don't use

the noise cancellation feature, but have discovered that it appears to be non operational now when I try turning

it on....

Noticed same thing....

WIth no music turning them on or off does nothing.

No external sound decrease aka No noise Canceling.

When playing music though, turning on does improve the sound and make it more dynamic and lively though

• 2 weeks later...