Anyone with a Yamaha RX A3000

Inkabodpain

Does anyone have this type of receiver? RX A3000 or newer model, or any receiver that has a parametric E.Q. I am trying to manually adjust the parametric E.Q on the receiver . It has 3 different settings that applies to each speaker seperatly . First on the list is BAND/GAIN ,second FREQUENCY/GAIN and third Q/GAIN. The adjustments on the E.Q starts at 31.3 HZ up to 16KHZ.. HZ is low end or bass and KHZ is your highs. Is that right or am I completely wrong.

Those are standard settings for a parametric-type equalizer. Here's what they mean:

Band/gain (I'm not sure that they refer to with gain) band will be the spread or width of the eq action, usually it is in octaves. A higher setting makes the control operate across a wider frequency band.

Frequency/gain (again, not sure about the gain part) Frequency will be the center frequency of the band. For instance, if you want to affect primarily the 10Khz area in a fairly narrow band, set frequency to 10khz and band to 1 octave. That will affect frequencies of about 1/2 octave on either side of 10Khs, with the stongest action at 10khz.

Q will affect the strength and roll-off rate of the filter. A high setting makes the filter active at the frequency setting and the effect roll off strongly and quickly going higher or lower in frequency. A low setting will still make the filter active at the frequency setting but roll off will be more gentle.

Hope that will help you get some insight into how the settings should work. I tried to look at the A3000 manual online but Yamaha doesn't want to let people do that unless they give up their information. (unlike most manufacturers, who WANT potential customers to be able to see operator manuals.)